10 Last-Minute Tips for Prepping Your Guest Room
So you’ve got a few last-minute guests coming to stay (um, maybe this long weekend?) and your guest room AKA makeshift office/craft room/storage space is a total disaster. Don’t worry, we’ve all been there. Luckily, there are some simple and beautiful ways to take your guest bedroom from clutter city to home sweet home, and you can do them all in the hour or two before they arrive. No more scrambling all around town when your mother-in-law says she’s on her way (Eek!). Check out these 10 quick ‘n’ easy tips that will get you a guest room to be proud of.
3. Toiletries Basket: Keeping a basket full of sample size toiletries that you can whip out when guests arrive is a wonderful gesture of hospitality. Just be sure to check when they leave to see what needs replaced. (via The Creative Mama)
4. Fresh Flowers: Buying fresh flowers can really brighten up the room. If you don’t have time for that, grab a houseplant from another room and give it a new home on the nightstand or desk. (via Celebrations at Home)
5. Fresh Towels: Remember that time you couldn’t tell if a towel in your friend’s bathroom was clean? Don’t put your guests through that same experience — provide a fresh towel or two in their room instead. (via Domaine)
6. Snacks and Drinks: Admit it, the best part to being a guest is the snacks. Whether it’s a full-fledged cart or a simple basket, make sure they’ve got something so they won’t have to root around in your pantry for the midnight munchies. (via A Beautiful Mess)
7. Reading Material: Give your guests some reading material during their stay. Your most prized coffee table books, magazines, newspapers or novels are all a great addition to make the room feel that much more inviting. (via The Every Girl)
How do you prepare for overnight guests? Do you have any last-minute tips? Tell us below!