30 Gold Interior Ideas to Buy or DIY for Your Home
We love us a good metallic, especially when it comes to adding some bling to our homes. Whether it’s golden pots for the garden, gilded iPhones or shiny party supplies, it’s guaranteed that where there is gold there is major wow factor. Decor pieces in rich gold are a lovely addition to a neutral environment, and always appear luminous in the soft glow of diffused, natural light. Check out a few of our favorite ways to incorporate gold into your home.
3. Half Gold Lightbulb ($8): For all you minimalist lovers out there, this bulb would look amazing as-is in a hanging pendant light.
4. Star Bag: Having old totes and grocery bags hanging around the house can put a damper on a space’s style. Why not whip up some of these stylish totes? They’ll help you carry groceries, but will also serve as accessories in whichever room you hang them. (via Kristi Murphy)
5. Hexagon Side Table ($99): Cooler than a breeze on a beach, this elegant geometric table would look amazing anywhere. We think it’d definitely make a statement next to something like an all-white bed or couch.
6. Fake Gold: Not sure you want to commit to spray painting all your vases? Coming in at possibly the easiest DIY in the history of ever, this vase is created with some metallic scrapbooking paper, which allows for an easy change at any time. (via Dream A Little Bigger)
9. Brass Button Headboard: It’s all about the little things! Just having the gold lamp and the gold buttons in the headboard creates a luxe look in this otherwise simple black-and-white bedroom. (via Urban Outfitters)
10. Queen Anne’s Lace Mirror ($98): This dainty mirror will have you dreaming of summery wildflowers all year long. The thin wire frame is casual but elegant, making it perfect for all kinds of decor styles.
12. Precious Stone Knob ($128): If you’re looking for some hardware that will take your dresser to a new level, check out these stunning pyrite knobs. Affectionately known as “fools gold,” pyrite will have your room looking like a million bucks in no time.
14. Pendant Lights: Nothing stands out quite like a unique light fixture, and these golden pendant lights have the perfect touch of glam. Not to mention you can make these for much less than you’d pay for them in a store, which leaves plenty of extra room in your budget for other chic picks. (via Lulu’s)
17. Golden Dreams: All it takes is an accent piece like gold pillows to make a huge impact in a room. Tucking pillows behind more subtle colors will keep things from getting tacky. You can find some shiny gold pillows like the ones on this bed from Etsy starting at $23. (via Anna Sage)
22. Bows of Gold ($26): Make any room feel a lot more feminine with these precious gold bows.
Do these decor ideas have you dreaming of a golden, glamorous interior? Let us know in the comments below!