We love us a good metallic, especially when it comes to adding some bling to our homes. Whether it’s golden pots for the garden, gilded iPhones or shiny party supplies, it’s guaranteed that where there is gold there is major wow factor. Decor pieces in rich gold are a lovely addition to a neutral environment, and always appear luminous in the soft glow of diffused, natural light. Check out a few of our favorite ways to incorporate gold into your home.
1. Coffee Table Hack: Seriously, what can’t you do with a can of spray paint? This IKEA table was updated with some gold paint and a faux marble finish for a sweet second act. (via Apartment Therapy)
2. State of Glitter: Show some hometown pride with a glittering gold cutout of your favorite state. (via Babbling ‘Bout Beauty)
3. Half Gold Lightbulb ($8): For all you minimalist lovers out there, this bulb would look amazing as-is in a hanging pendant light.
4. Star Bag: Having old totes and grocery bags hanging around the house can put a damper on a space’s style. Why not whip up some of these stylish totes? They’ll help you carry groceries, but will also serve as accessories in whichever room you hang them. (via Kristi Murphy)
5. Hexagon Side Table ($99): Cooler than a breeze on a beach, this elegant geometric table would look amazing anywhere. We think it’d definitely make a statement next to something like an all-white bed or couch.
6. Fake Gold: Not sure you want to commit to spray painting all your vases? Coming in at possibly the easiest DIY in the history of ever, this vase is created with some metallic scrapbooking paper, which allows for an easy change at any time. (via Dream A Little Bigger)
7. Tiered Cosmetics Holder ($38): Who doesn’t need to add an extra boost of glamour to their makeup routine? And in case you’re wondering, yes, those gold lipsticks are for sale as well :)
8. Gold Leaf Shakers: You could personalize this gold leaf project any which way you want, with thick and thin lines, cross hatch marks or even polka dots. (via Vitamini Handmade)
9. Brass Button Headboard: It’s all about the little things! Just having the gold lamp and the gold buttons in the headboard creates a luxe look in this otherwise simple black-and-white bedroom. (via Urban Outfitters)
10. Queen Anne’s Lace Mirror ($98): This dainty mirror will have you dreaming of summery wildflowers all year long. The thin wire frame is casual but elegant, making it perfect for all kinds of decor styles.
11. Gold Pencil Holder: We know how much time you spend at your desk, so perk up the view a bit with a super easy, super gorgeous pencil holder to keep things organized. (via View From the Fridge)
12. Precious Stone Knob ($128): If you’re looking for some hardware that will take your dresser to a new level, check out these stunning pyrite knobs. Affectionately known as “fools gold,” pyrite will have your room looking like a million bucks in no time.
13. Campaign Dresser: Not only do we love the modern-chic look of the white and gold dresser, but we are also totally diggin’ that gold gallery wall and metallic disco ball. (via Brittany Makes)
14. Pendant Lights: Nothing stands out quite like a unique light fixture, and these golden pendant lights have the perfect touch of glam. Not to mention you can make these for much less than you’d pay for them in a store, which leaves plenty of extra room in your budget for other chic picks. (via Lulu’s)
15. Gray and Gold: One of the most elegant color combos around, gray and gold are an effortless couple. Swap out your drawer hardware with some gold pulls like these for $6 each! (via Decor Pad)
16. Gold Leaf Jewelry Tray: Show off your bling with an equally stunning jewelry tray. The bold striped pattern complements the shimmer of your accessories like it was meant to be. (via Homey Oh My)
17. Golden Dreams: All it takes is an accent piece like gold pillows to make a huge impact in a room. Tucking pillows behind more subtle colors will keep things from getting tacky. You can find some shiny gold pillows like the ones on this bed from Etsy starting at $23. (via Anna Sage)
18. Gold Triangle Garland: Hang this geometric gem across your mantel, over a door frame or just along your wall for a little touch of fancy decor. (via Almost Makes Perfect)
19. Painted Woodcut Platter: Sometimes less is more, and we love the sneaky gold accent on this rustic wood tray. (via Lovely Indeed)
20. Gold Bar Cart: Since no modern home is complete without a bar cart, here is a less expensive way to DIY one for your space. (via Brit + Co)
21. Diamante Pendant Lights: Would you believe us if we told you these awesome pendants were made out of drinking straws? Believe it! (via Mormor’s Glamour)
22. Bows of Gold ($26): Make any room feel a lot more feminine with these precious gold bows.
23. Bud Vase: Take full advantage of the beautiful flowers this time of year with a pretty bud vase that you can display on your desk, dresser or kitchen counter. (via Brit + Co)
24. Sculptural Sphere: Instead of overpaying for funky sculptural pieces, pull out some wire hangers from the back of your closet and DIY your own for under $7! (via Crazy Wonderful)
25. Gold Berry Baskets: Made from Dollar Store treasures, you could store anything from fresh strawberries to jewelry to office supplies in these shiny gold cartons. (via Lovely Indeed)
26. Gold Press Coffeemaker ($118): We all believe coffee is liquid gold, and we’re sure that drinking it out of this fancy press would make your morning routine a 24 karat experience.
27. Royal Workspace: There would be no lack of creative process in this gilded workspace full of natural light and shiny furniture. (via Domaine Home)
28. Classic Lines: White and gold reign supreme in this peaceful space. Grab a similar glass table for $240 to get the complete look! (via Domaine Home)
29. Kitchen Accents: Using gold in the kitchen just adds some extra luminescence and warmth to the room. (via Homedit)
30. Gilded Bathroom: The thin gold frame of this mirror really pops against a solid white backsplash. (via Domino)
Do these decor ideas have you dreaming of a golden, glamorous interior? Let us know in the comments below!