Tori Spelling’s Daughter’s Gem-Shaped Soaps Are DIY Inspo to the Max
When it comes to DIY, there’s no age limit: Anyone can be a maker. This week, it was (mostly) about the next gen of creators and crafters: celebrity kids! From Milla Jovovich’s budding artist to Tori Spelling’s little soap maker, these kids have some SERIOUS skillz in the creative department, and they’re not even fully grown. Check out some of their impressive creations below!
1. Nicole “Snooki” LaValle: Nicole got creative with some ribbons and a pair of scissors, making cheer bows as her daughter Giovanna helped… well, sort of. Watch their hilarious antics here.
View this post on Instagram
Mother of a burgeoning modern artist. Inspiring my kids to find their passion is pretty much my only job as a mom. That and making sure they have impeccable manners, eat their veggies and read books. Done, done, done and done. Well... Most of the time at least.😂 #familyvalues #malibudiary
A post shared by Milla Jovovich (@millajovovich) on
2. Milla Jovovich: Milla shared how important it was to stoke the fires of a young creative mind, writing, “Mother of a modern burgeoning artist. Inspiring my kids to find their passion is pretty much my only job as a mom. That and making sure they have impeccable manners, eat their veggies and read books. Done, done, done and done. Well… most of the time at least.”
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Lauren Conrad (@laurenconrad) on
3. Lauren Conrad: LC showed us how the grown-ups do DIY with her super fun (and pretty) zucchini pizza bites. Find out how to make your own here.
3. Reese Witherspoon: Milla isn’t the only one with a burgeoning artist coming up! “#ToddlerArt with grandma,” Reese captioned this vid of her little painter. “#Masterpiece.”
4. Tori Spelling: The old saying “the apple doesn’t fall from the tree” rang true for Tori Spelling’s daughter Stella, as she proved this week with her handmade gem soaps in a totally crafty move. “Stella has become such a little #DIY queen!” Tori writes proudly. “Check out these gemstone soaps she made and see how you can make your own over at ToriSpelling.com.” Way to go, Stella!
5. Tia Mowry: Tia spilled the beans on her secret roasted vegetable ingredients, writing, “Brussels sprouts and broccoli with a little char! Yum! My favorite! Onion powder and garlic takes these bad boys to the next level!”
6. Piper Perabo: Notorious star Piper Perabo bid the world goodnight with her latest artwork, writing “Good night you beauties.”
View this post on Instagram
We all scream for ice cream!🍦Did you know that finger painting is beneficial for growing minds? I'm on vacation but missing my kids and wanted to share the details + the recipe for this edible finger paint right now on mollysims.com (link in bio)
A post shared by Molly Sims (@mollybsims) on
7. Molly Sims: Not only did Molly’s kids make these adorable finger paintings, they used homemade edible finger paints. “Did you know that finger painting is beneficial for growing minds?” Molly shared. “I’m on vacation but missing my kids and wanted to share the details and the recipe for this homemade edible finger paint.” Find the recipe here!
View this post on Instagram
Something that helps with my busy schedule is pre-washing lettuces and putting them in some kind of stay-fresh container. When I'm tired from work, lots of times I'll skip lettuce because I don't want to wash it. 😁 this trick makes it grab-ready.😘
A post shared by Laura Prepon (@lauraprepon) on
8. Laura Prepon: Laura Prepon shares her kitchen organization hack, writing “Something that helps with my busy schedule is pre-washing lettuces and putting them in some kind of stay-fresh container. When I’m tired from work, lots of times I’ll skip lettuce because I don’t want to wash it. This trick makes it grab-ready.”
What’s your favorite kid-friendly DIY activity? Share with us over @BritandCo!
(Photo via Michael Buckner/Getty)
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.