Root vegetables are all the rage. They’re filled with vitamins, antioxidants and all that other good stuff to help us live a long and healthy life. The turnip is the newest alt root vegetable gaining popularity — and it’s no wonder. They have a sweet flavor that can take any recipe to the next level. We’ve gathered 10 tasty turnip recipes to turn up your nutrition and your taste buds.
1. Miso Braised Turnips: These turnips are so good, it’s hard to not eat them all up. Let it be known: Miso makes everything better. (via Brittany Powell)
2. Roasted Vegetable Soup: All our favorite root vegetables come together to make this sweet and creamy comfort soup. Oh, and it’s gluten-free and vegan. Win. (via A Calculated Whisk)
3. Chicken Broccoli Frittata: This frittata sounds and looks so good. We are so ready for Sunday brunch. (via The Healthy Foodie)
4. Mashed Turnips with White Truffle Oil: Sure, we all love mashed potatoes, but a mashed turnip alternative sounds like a great way to tap into nutrition. (via Cooking Melangery)
5. Sweet Potato, Turnip and Parsnip Latkes: Latkes are meant to be enjoyed year round, and these root vegetable latkes bring together the salty and sweet flavor you’re always searching for. So obviously they’ll be making an appearance on your table nightly. (via Wayfair)
6. Farro Salad With Turnips and Greens: We love this hearty grain salad. We’ll take it served warm, please and thank you. (via Food and Wine)
7. Turnip Gratin: A tasty turnip gratin that turns up the flavor with pancetta and cheese. Hells yes. (via Cook Your Dream)
8. Grain-Free Turnip Tabouli: This recipe uses creamy and buttery hakurei turnips to make a gluten-free tabouli recipe. (via Living Nutrition)
9. Moussaka: The creator of this recipe swapped out potatoes for turnips to make it paleo-friendly. So hot right now. (via That Jew Can Cook)
10. Brown Butter and Maple Glazed Turnips: This quick, 20-minute recipe adds sweetness to turnips and will be a guaranteed hit among your friends. If not, reconsider those friendships. (via The Kitchn)
Which of these recipes are turning up your taste buds? Let us know in the comments below.