This Sweet Potato Egg Boat Recipe Will Fuel You All Dang Day (Well, Almost)
- 1 small sweet potato, roasted and still hot from oven
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 egg
- 2 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 ripe avocado, sliced
- parsley and/or green onion, chopped, to garnish
- freshly ground pepper, to garnish
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Place potato on rimmed baking sheet. When it’s cool enough to touch (even if using a kitchen towel), carefully slit the top of the sweet potato (do not cut all the way through). Squeeze the ends to open potato up. Add ghee and mash, using a fork. Salt and pepper to taste; about a pinch of each will do. Create a well in the center of the potato by removing one scoop of the potato. Add the egg.
Bake for 10-15 minutes, until whites are set and egg yolk is done to your liking.
Remove from oven and garnish with bacon crumbles, avocado slices, chopped herbs, and freshly ground pepper.