Welcome to Single Serving, our new video series showcasing colorful, easily re-createable, and highly Instagrammable recipes for one. In our premiere episode, we made a blue vegan “nice” cream. Now we’re showing you how to make this fancy AF egg cloud, so you can feast like royalty (on the fly) even if you’re dining alone.
Egg clouds look as stunning as a soufflé, but they only require a few steps and are baked on a sheet tray in the oven. If you crave something a bit more substantial, upgrade it to a croque madame or simply serve them atop a piece of toasted and buttered bread to sop up all that yolk running down.
Fancy AF Egg Clouds
- 3 eggs
- 3 Tablespoons crumbled bacon
- 3 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley, divided
- freshly ground black pepper, to garnish
- toasted and buttered bread, for serving (optional)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Using your hands, carefully separate the whites from the egg yolks, allowing the whites to drop in a large bowl. Carefully transfer the yolks (keeping them whole) in a small bowl.
- Beat egg whites with a stand mixer or handheld mixer on medium-high until medium-stiff peaks form. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in bacon crumbles, Parmesan, salt, and 1 Tablespoon parsley in 1-2 movements so egg white does not deflate.
- Divide the egg white mixture onto the parchment-paper-lined baking sheet, forming 3 even “clouds,” spacing them at least 1-inch apart. With the spatula, create a well in the center of each cloud, then carefully drop in egg yolks to the center of the wells.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes for runny yolks, or 14-16 minutes for well-done yolks, or until yolks have set and whites become caramelized.
- Garnish with black pepper and chopped parsley. Serve on toasted and butter bread (optional).
Get lost in a sea of food videos on Brit + Co’s Facebook page.
(Recipe from Anna Monette Roberts / Brit + Co)