Bachelorette parties are great, but bachelorette party WEEKENDS are a totally next-level shindig. Once you’ve convinced your girls to take off work and run away with you, it’s time to pick a stellar locale. And while you might think Mexico is a bit cliché, we’re here to tell you that it’s def not. Surrounded by three bodies of water (the Caribbean sea, the Pacific Ocean, and the Gulf of Mexico), the stunning country is bursting with endless views and sandy beaches made for you and your ladies. Just in case you’re still envisioning spring break in Cabo, check out the eight hidden gems below that are perfectly sophisticated for a classy ladies’ getaway. Brace yourself for a case of wanderlust, and keep reading to see where you should book!
1. Isla Holbox: Also known as Holbox Island, this small beauty is a rustic getaway from the packed beaches of #springbreak photos. To get to white-sand paradise, you can either take an airport shuttle or hop on an air taxi. Once you’ve made it, plan to lounge at the beach, take advantage of the many tours (including whale shark watching!), and munch on all the delicious fresh food the island has to offer. Sounds like a bona fide dream!
2. Sayulita: Active brides will love all of Sayulita‘s outdoorsy opportunities. From surfing to yoga on the beach to zip lining through the jungle, this gorgeous slab of land is a nature enthusiast’s paradise. And even if some of your squad isn’t into that #greengoddess life, fear not! Sayulita has something for all your besties. It’s packed with top-notch restaurants (with beach views!) and, of course, great shopping.
3. Zipolite: Located in Oaxaca, Zipolite has been dubbed a “hippie haven” since the ‘60s. It’s still a beach town with a tourist-free vibe that your laid-back gal pals will adore. Sit back and enjoy the quaint town and glorious beaches, which are surrounded by awe-inspiring cliffs (and were featured in Y Tu Mamá También). But be careful if you like to take a dip in the ocean — Zipolite’s waters are known for their strong currents!
4. Punta Mita: This highly secure 1,500-acre resort and residential community is a popular getaway for high-profile tech executives, and it’s easy to see why. Whether you’re looking for total relaxation or a *fancy* party, Punta Mita‘s got it. Expect to enjoy fine dining, luxurious shopping, cultural exhibitions, and all the fun outdoor adventure activities the coastline has to offer. It’s time to get a little glam, ladies.
5. Punta Diamante, Acapulco: Located on the open ocean (hello, huge waves!), Punta Diamante is the newly developed section of Acapulco. If you and your crew prefer party-friendly city vibes, prepare to turn it up because the nightlife here is hoppin’. While you’re in Acapulco, be sure to venture to La Quebrada to catch the city’s iconic high-cliff divers do mind-boggling jumps.
6. Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo: Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo is a gorgeous fishing village positioned on a bay and surrounded by mountains — making it a peaceful choice for some pre-wedding R&R. Fishing is kind of a must if you’re going to visit. However, there are plenty of sun-soaked beaches and a city feel in downtown Zihuatanejo where you can find lots of seafood to chow down.
7. Tulum: If it’s total Caribbean bliss you and your BFFs seek, look no further than Tulum. This showstopping town is packed with ancient Mayan history AND amazing beaches with turquoise waters. Tour the ruins, which overlook the crystal clear sea, or take advantage of nearby attractions like Xel Ha, a natural aquarium. Or, you know, be a total beach bum and bask in the cabana glory with your girls.
8. Barra de Navidad: Barra de Navidad is the perfect little paradise if you’re SO over the crowds. Here, you can explore traditional cobblestone streets, dine and shop at authentic Mexican markets, and even crank up the celebratory vibes at hip local bars. And as always, hit the beach!
What other beaches are giving you wanderlust? Tweet us @BritandCo!
(Photos via Getty)