5 Things Your Commute Needs: A Serial Spinoff Podcast, TIME 100 + More!
While you may be enduring a massive Coachella hangover and feeling a little buzzy this Monday morning, you’ve still gotta drag yourself to the office and get a week’s worth of work done. To get you prepped for that 40-hour-plus desk time, why not turn up your mornings with some commute entertainment. With the just-launched Serial spinoff, two powerful people lists, a Google insider book and more, you’re totally gonna breeze through this week far from bored.
1. Undisclosed: The State vs. Adnan Syed (Available on iTunes + audioBoom): Yeah, you may be occupying your Serial drought with a parody, but why not dive deeper into Adnan Sayed’s case when given the chance? This new weekly podcast presents an alternate view of Adnan’s case as we know it by dissecting the case from the very beginning, as well as looking at evidence presented throughout Serial and what has been uncovered since. We have a feeling if you were obsessed with Sarah Koenig’s narrative, you’re going to be sucked right into this one, too.
2. TIME’s 100 Most Influential People in the World + Out Magazine’s 9th Annual Power List: Two power lists. Over 150 influential people. Both of these compilations of famous faces include CEOs + CTOs, senators, talk show hosts, musicians, actors, lawyers and so much more. Plus, it’s presented along with inspiring bios to motivate you to live your best and fullest life. Here’s hoping after consuming both on your commute you’ll be ready to take over for your boss ;) (Photos via Andrew Toth/Getty + Rommel Demano/Getty)
3. Work Rules!: Insights from Inside Google That Will Transform How You Live + Lead by Laszlo Bock (Available on Amazon, Barnes + Noble, Books-A-Million, Google Play, IndieBound, iBooks + Kobo): This book by Laszlo Bock, Google’s Senior VP of People Operations, provides you with the tools to strike a balance between creativity and structure, which can eventually lead you to measurable successes in work and in life. Not only can this read help make your company and office life better, but it can also reawaken the joy in what you do day in and day out. We’ll take any and all tips from a top Googler, thank you very much. (Photo via @steffanialajarag)
4. Follow@mydaywithleo: Why have we never thought to combine celeb faces and street photography? This Instagram is filled with hysterical snaps and vids that feature little cutouts of famous faces held over life-sized people posing and dancing as their famous perspective-born alter egos for our viewing pleasure. Get ready to LOL your entire ride to the office.
5. Daily ($0.99 on iTunes): If you’re the type of gal that stresses over a weekly to-do list (sometimes it’s best to take it one day at a time), then this is the productivity app for you. Focus on what you need to get done today and only today; no need to worry about tomorrow’s tasks ahead of time. Here’s hoping your manager can get behind this one, too.
Which picks will you be trying out to help make your commute more enjoyable? Let us know in the comments or share your favorites with us on Twitter @britandco.