29 Off-The-Wall Uses for Wallpaper
We don’t know about your moms, but ours were all over the wallpaper trend in the ‘80s (replaced by bold red walls in the ‘90s –– yikes.). We’re happy to report: The trend is back.
2. Bookcase: No matter if you use your shelves to display a collection of first editions, your numerous trophies, or the odds and ends you’ve gathered up throughout life, they should be framed in the most eye-catching way possible. (via Marika Meyer Interiors)
5. Table Runner: Forget filling your closet or cupboards with runners and linens that you only use once a year. Order a roll of wallpaper and update your look at each and every dinner party. (via Kate’s Creative Space)
7. Cake Topper: Aww yeah. You guys have seen this loop through Brit + Co. in our recent cake topper roundup, and we’re mentioning it again. Really, how could we not? (via One Charming Party)
8. Decorative Lampshade: Wall coverings are lovely and scary at the same time, we get it. This is a way to try it out on the sly. (via One Kings Lane)
13. Ceiling: No matter if you’re reclining on your couch pondering life or lying in your bed getting ready for a little shuteye, when you look up, you’re going to want to see an installation like this. (via Decor Advisor)
14. Dresser Drawer Liners: We see this fitting in at your little cabin in the woods (you know the one). Say what? You don’t have one of those? Grab a different style and give your underwear drawer a frilly look worthy of the garments. (via In This Little Yellow House)
17. Waste Basket: If we see one more boring metal mesh garbage can in the world, we just might die. A bit dramatic? Maybe, but this easy hack hardly leaves excuse for the standard look. (via Chez Larsson)
23. Embellished Clipboards: Okay, unless you’re a middle school gym teacher or a wedding planner who hasn’t heard of an iPad, your need for clipboards might be few and far between. But we’re thinking they make for cute art in your workshop as a real life Pinterest board! (via Mitzi’s Miscellany)
24. Wall Hanging: You found wallpaper that you absolutely love, but that $200 per roll price tag isn’t sitting very pretty with your pocketbook. Solution? Splurge for one roll and make a wall hanging. Bonus: No bubbling possible! (via Ninja Diva)
26. Wallpaper Shelves: Whether in your office, kitchen, or garage, these decked out shelves are an easy way to add color to any room. (via Martha Stewart)
29. Window Shade: We considered including this light saver in our recent curtain roundup, but we just had to save the look. Really, wallpaper hardly gets more chic than this. (via Martha Stewart)
Which looks are you pasting to your Pinterest? Let us know in the comments below!