18 Brilliant Ways to Decorate Your Stairs
When it comes to the home, we’re all about adding color and creativity in unexpected places. From art in the Louvre to colorful furniture legs, we’ve made it our business to scour the web for the most creative, innovative, and inventive ways to customize our space. As we slowly but surely Brit-ify our new office space, we’re making a point of brainstorming creative ideas for every nook and cranny. This week’s focus? The stairs! Here are 18 inspiring ideas for decorating your stairs, from song lyrics to florals, to our old friend chevron.
1. Rainbow Bricks: How awesome are these painted bricks? You could also do this on regular steps to create a fake brick pattern. Wait.. maybe that is that they did here after all! (via Getty)
2. White and Wood: Highlight natural wood stairs by contrasting the ends with modern, white paint. (via Getty)
3. Ombre Stairs: This aqua and pale yellow ombre design totally transport us to the sea. (via Getty)
4. Bold Carpet: Color block your home with carpeting for a dramatically bright effect. (via Getty)
5. Handpainted Stairs: For a more whimsical approach, channel your inner illustrator to create this inspiring, technicolor look. (via Getty)