For some, Valentine’s Day is about going out to a fancy restaurant and ordering the lavish surf ‘n’ turf with a pricey wine. For others, however, a quiet night in with fun cocktails, delicious snacks and a good flick is what it’s all about. If the latter is more your speed, consider these 18 glorious tapa-tizers to feed the ones you love.
1. Beetroot and Goat Cheese Croquettes With Salmorejo: If you’re looking for something with a subtle V-Day flare, these dazzling croquettes deliver. (via He Needs Food)
2. Vietnamese Chicken and Vegetable Spring Rolls With Peanut Sauce: With a moist and tender exterior, these vibrant rolls are stuffed to the brim with crisp veggies and your choice of protein. (via The Food Fox)
4. Ahi Poke Wachos With Spicy Sriracha Mayo: Unless you’ve been avoiding the foodie crowd on social media, you’re very aware that poke bowls have become the latest craze. So, bringing that craze to a platter of waffle-cut fries just seems like the right thing to do. (via Foodness Gracious)
5. Easy Mediterranean Garlic Shrimp Skewers: Okay, so something garlicky might not be ideal if this is a first date. But if you’re indulging in Galentine’s day with your pals or you’re in a long-term relationship and can finally laugh at the funk of garlic breath, add these tantalizing shrimps to your menu. It’ll be worth it. (via The Mediterranean Dish)
7. Wafflized Mozarella Sticks With Salsa: If you’re known for being a bit cheesy on the year’s most romantic holiday, this appy is for you. Keep things casual yet adorable by pressing some ooey gooey mozza sticks in a waffle iron. (via Kevin Is Cooking)
8. Radical Roasted Beet Hummus With Sumac and Lime: With its velvety texture and cherry-like hue, this dip will make your heart flip. And, if you’re feeling a little extra adventurous, you can add a splash of rich pomegranate molasses to the mix. (via Ascension Kitchen)
9. Spicy Chicken Pot Stickers With Ginger Dipping Sauce: Who doesn’t absolutely love a good pot sticker? Filled with chicken and crisp veggies, these are paired with a tangy ginger sauce for dipping; maybe even double dipping, and we’re cool with that. (via Hapa Nom Nom)
10. Sheet Pan Green Chile Nachos: One of the best snacks to dig into while lounging on the couch and watching a good flick is NACHOS. Set it out on the coffee table or hold it closely in your laps — we won’t judge. (via How Sweet It Is)
11. Pulled Pork Sliders With BBQ Sauce and Apple Salad: This sweet and smokey melt-in-your-mouth slider will also melt hearts, we promise. (via The Hungry Cook)
13. Cheesy Spinach Dip Wonton Cups: This modern spin on the beloved classic will get big praise when you can easily get all that dip from the serving plate to your mouth without dropping any of that creamy goodness. (via Fresh Fit Kitchen)
15. Mustard-Braised Bacon Buns With Radish Pickles: If you have yet to indulge in a steamed bao bun, now is the time, folks! These soft and pillowy buns are a thing of beauty on their own, but when they’re stuffed with braised bacon and pickled radishes… there truly are no words. (via The Pig and Quill)
16. White Pizza Pull-Apart Bread: There are a few snacks out there that promise to please, two of them being pizza and garlicky pull-apart breads. You can definitely serve both, or you can take your creativity to the next level and smash both concepts into one glorious flavor bomb; we’ll leave it up to you. (via How Sweet It Is)
17. Loaded Guacamole With Chili Shrimp and Roasted Platains: Holy guacamole! We love ourselves a classic guac, but this bad boy could impress the biggest guacamole purist out there. Topped with succulent shrimp, it’s served with deliciously crisp roasted plantains. (via Vodka and Biscuits)
18. Baked Taco Cups: If you’re having a hard time deciding on movie night tapas, maybe it’s time you and your loved one taco ’bout it. After all, V-Day falls on #TacoTuesday this year, so it’s basically meant to be. (via Create Kids Club)
Follow us on Pinterest for more exciting Valentine’s Day inspo.