Curl Up With a Book and These 14 Snacks This Weekend
When it’s cold out, curling up with our latest laugh-out-loud book and spending the day in is one of our favorite things to do. Since it can be hard to put down the latest page-turner, we’ve come up with a selection of 14 eats that you can enjoy without looking up from the page. From sweet and savory snacks to substantial soups and more, there’s something here to feed all kinds of appetites. There’s never been a better time to be a bookworm.
1. Cheese Board: Whether you’re hosting book club or settling in for some alone time, a well-crafted cheese board is always a solid choice. #TreatYoSelf (via The Casual Craftlete)
2. Chicken and Tarragon Hand Pies: Filled with a hefty helping of chicken and just a smattering of cream to keep things interesting, this meaty pie can be enjoyed with one hand free for page turning. (via 10th Kitchen)
4. Lavash Crackers: When things get suspenseful, sometimes you just need a little something to crunch on to calm the nerves. Happily, these crisp flatbreads are adorned with enough flavor that they’re delicious on their own. A little dip wouldn’t exactly hurt anything either… (via The Hungry Hounds)
5. Crack Nuts and Bolts With Homemade Ranch Seasoning: Be warned, you may not want to sit down with a big bowlful of this snack mix. Mindless munching is a real hazard and it may all end up disappearing before you know it. (via Cooks With Cocktails)
6. Crispy Baked Cinnamon Apple Chips: No fancy dehydrator necessary here — an overnight in a low oven is all it takes to make these snappy snacks. Talk about an excellent way to get an extra serving of fruit for kids and adults alike. (via Amy Kay’s Kitchen)
7. Dulce de Leche Digestive Cookies: These caramel- and chocolate-covered cookies go well with a nice steamy mug of tea or coffee. (via Kelly Bakes)
8. Butternut Squash and Apple Soup (Paleo): Apples provide a touch of sweet flavor to this creamy soup. And the smattering of crumbled bacon and sausage make it more substantial than most. (via The Paleo Fix)
9. Extra Flaky Broccoli Cheddar Soup Mini Pies: If a spoon and bowl are too tough to manage while reading, might we recommend these handheld pastries instead? This cheese-sprinkled puff pastry turns your creamy soup into a swoon-worthy, single-handed affair. (via Half Baked Harvest)
10. Double Chocolate Biscotti: Often, the days we’d like to stay inside curled up with a book coincide with intense chocolate cravings. For those occasions, these doubly delicious biscotti are exactly what the doctor ordered. (via The Well Floured Kitchen)
12. Creamy Deviled Eggs With Red Onions, Capers + Dill: These deviled eggs are way easier to manage than an egg salad sandwich. Briny capers, red onion and dill keep things more interesting than most while staying true to a classic. (via Girl Versus Dough)
Read any good books lately? What do you like to snack on while reading? Share your favorite books and recipes with us below!