12 Apps That Will Actually Improve Your Valentine’s Day
Ah, love is in the air. From buying 3D printed roses to scoring a table at one of Yelp’s top 10 restaurants, it can seem like planning for Valentine’s Day is a lot of work. But don’t give up on your dream Valentine’s or Galentine’s date just yet. Whether you’re single and proud, you were a victim of love at first sight or any status in between, we’ve found 12 apps that will have you feelin’ the love and not the stress of V-Day.
1. Red Stamp: Skip the commute to your nearby card shop and profess your love for that special someone the modern way, with Red Stamp. The app makes it easy to send sweet custom cards, invitations and announcements digitally, or even via snail mail, to everyone on your V-Day list!
2. ProFlowers: Surprise your partner or pals with a gorg bouquet of flowers ordered from your phone with just a few taps. The app lets you pick from dozens of fragrant florals and arrangements. You can also set date reminders and even order next-day delivery for those last-minute gifts.
3. Valentine RADIO: All loved up on V-Day with no good tunes to listen to? This app gives you access to all kinds of romantic songs — all straight from your smartphone. Don’t have your phone? The apps lets you stream music with AirPlay to your Apple TV or Airport Express or your car stereo for love songs on the go.
4. Hello Vino: If you’re not a wine whiz, it can be tricky to tell the difference between a Pinot Noir and a Merlot, let alone find that one bottle of bubbly in time for your V-Day date with “the one.” Hello Vino acts like your personal sommelier in the wine store by recommending the perfect wine for every occasion and for every food. You can also snap a photo and have it bring up food pairings, tasting notes and more.
5. Rhonna Designs: Take the ultimate couple selfie on V-Day by editing your pic with Rhonna Designs app. This award-winning app gives you artistic control over photo frames, masks, fonts, filters and more to help you rake in the likes on social media.
6. Pic Collage: Scrapbook fanatics and social media mavens alike will fall in love with this app. The photo editor and collage-maker in one lets you combine pics, YouTube videos and crazy cool fonts, stickers and cutouts into your own masterful and memorable V-Day creations. You can also share your masterpieces on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter!
7. WhoNow: On a holiday that’s all about love, sometimes you just need some relationship or dating advice. WhoNow is like a dating journal on your phone, letting you privately share photos, ask others questions and receive feedback anonymously, whether you’re a single lady or lad, married or “it’s complicated.”
8. NoWait: Start living life without reservations by going to popular restaurants and still not having to wait a minute for a table. Using NoWait, you can get in line from your phone by monitoring the current wait times at nearby eateries and swishing into the restaurant just in time to get a seat for you and your date.
9. Couplete: “You couplete me” just might become the new V-Day mantra of couples everywhere if this totally adorbs app has any say in the matter. Couplete gives couples their own virtual space to share love letters, private messages and moments, mutual bucket-list wishes and even a calendar with secret features. It’s ideal for lovers who are in a LDR who can’t spend Valentine’s together.
10. Lovedays: Always forget about V-Day until the last minute? Lovedays marks “D-Day” for couples, allowing you and yours to count down to important relationship milestones and dates like anniversaries, birthdays and the all-important V-Day, so you never forget another occasion to celebrate love!
11. Grouper: Single and ready to mingle? Take the pressure out of dating and invite your pals for the ultimate Galentine’s Day with Grouper. This app and social club bypasses awkward online messages and sets you up for good times with your friends and like-minded groupers in your extended network.
DL It: Free on iOS
12. Omni: Are you popping the other question to your S.O. this V-Day? That question being, “Will you move in with me?” This on-demand storage app and concierge service lets couples catalogue their prized possessions through photos and descriptions. After using the app to decide which his and hers furniture, decor and quirky memorabilia will get the boot or stay in that rad new pad, couples can have their belongings picked up by an Omni Concierge and scheduled for delivery!
DL It: Free on iOS
What are your Valentine’s or Galentine’s Day plans? Tweet us @BritandCo!