Slow-Cook Your Way to a Decadent Vegan Cinnamon Roll Casserole
Slow-cookers are often used for obvious suspects like chicken noodle soup and beans, but the kitchen tool can also “bake” bread pudding and breakfast goods like this vegan cinnamon roll casserole. Though this recipe looks straight off the cover of a magazine, it requires just a handful of ingredients found in the refrigerated section of a health food market. You’ll find the cinnamon rolls crisp up on the outside, stay gooey on the inside, and have a balanced touch of sweetness and crunch thanks to the glaze and walnuts.
Slow-cooker vegan cinnamon roll casserole
Recipe Notes: We used a small 3-quart slow-cooker, as pictured. If you have a larger one (5-quart or bigger), double the recipe. Keep in mind, the cooking time may change slightly.
1. In the bottom of a slow-cooker combine Just Egg, Nut Pods, and vanilla. Stir together.
2. On a cutting board, pop open canister of cinnamon rolls. Cut each cinnamon roll into quarters then pick each layer of each piece apart and place into the slow cooker.
3. Make sure each piece is coated in “egg mixture” to form a pile of cinnamon roll strands. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours until cinnamon rolls are fully cooked and center of the casserole springs back when touched.
4. Drizzle glaze over the top of the cinnamon roll casserole and sprinkle with walnuts and orange zest. Serve immediately.
- 1/4 cup Just Egg or another vegan egg substitute
- 1/4 cup Nut Pods or another vegan creamer
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tube vegan cinnamon rolls like Annie’s or Immaculate
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
- zest of 1 orange