Slow-Cook Your Way to a Decadent Vegan Cinnamon Roll Casserole
Slow-cookers are often used for obvious suspects like chicken noodle soup and beans, but the kitchen tool can also “bake” bread pudding and breakfast goods like this vegan cinnamon roll casserole. Though this recipe looks straight off the cover of a magazine, it requires just a handful of ingredients found in the refrigerated section of a health food market. You’ll find the cinnamon rolls crisp up on the outside, stay gooey on the inside, and have a balanced touch of sweetness and crunch thanks to the glaze and walnuts.
Slow-cooker vegan cinnamon roll casserole
Recipe Notes: We used a small 3-quart slow-cooker, as pictured. If you have a larger one (5-quart or bigger), double the recipe. Keep in mind, the cooking time may change slightly.
1. In the bottom of a slow-cooker combine Just Egg, Nut Pods, and vanilla. Stir together.
2. On a cutting board, pop open canister of cinnamon rolls. Cut each cinnamon roll into quarters then pick each layer of each piece apart and place into the slow cooker.
3. Make sure each piece is coated in “egg mixture” to form a pile of cinnamon roll strands. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours until cinnamon rolls are fully cooked and center of the casserole springs back when touched.
4. Drizzle glaze over the top of the cinnamon roll casserole and sprinkle with walnuts and orange zest. Serve immediately.
- 1/4 cup Just Egg or another vegan egg substitute
- 1/4 cup Nut Pods or another vegan creamer
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tube vegan cinnamon rolls like Annie’s or Immaculate
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
- zest of 1 orange
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)