24 Vegan Casserole Recipes to Feed a Crowd
Vegan food isn't as fussy as it may seem. In fact, you can make vegan versions of just about all of your favorite foods, from vegan cheese to soul food, at home. But sometimes you get busy and nothing but a casserole will do. Luckily, the comfort food versions are just as convenient and tasty as the dishes you grew up loving. In fact, these vegan casserole recipes prove it.
1. Cheesiest Spaghetti Squash Boats: You won't miss dairy cheese one bit; these boats load up on all your fave plant-based versions. (via Brit + Co)
2. Butternut Squash and Spinach Casserole: A puréed cashew-based sauce ties this stunning veg-centric dish together. (via Nick Hopper / Farmacy Kitchen Cookbook by Camilla Fayed)
3. Vegan Baked Ziti: Tomato sauce, pasta, vegan mozzarella, and basil combine for a comforting classic. (via Brit + Co)
4. Vegan Butternut Squash Enchiladas: Butternut squash makes this enchilada casserole surprisingly creamy. (via Making Thyme for health)
5. Quinoa Broccoli and Cheese Casserole With Crispy Chickpeas: Some days, you're just too lazy to make individual meal components from scratch. That's when this cheesy vegan casserole, loaded with veggies and protein, comes in handy. (via Fit Foodie Finds)
6. Mashed Green Bean Casserole: A cauliflower sauce makes this easy green bean casserole a recipe you'll turn to time and time again. (via Minimalist Baker)
7. Vegan Creamy Potato Casserole: If you don't want to commit fully to puréed cauliflower, you can ease yourself into the idea with this creamy potato casserole. (via Blissful Basil)
8. Teriyaki Tofu Tempeh Casserole: Sometimes cooking satisfying vegan food is as simple as recreating a favorite dish. This casserole gives takeout a makeover, swapping meat for tofu and tempeh. (via Simple Veganista)
9. Cheesy Rice and Broccoli Casserole: Vegan cheese sauce is not without faults — cashew-only recipes can be pretty heavy. This recipe makes for a casserole that's slightly lighter, thanks to a sauce that's made with potatoes and carrots, not just nuts. (via Catching Seeds)
10. Zucchini Corn Tamal Casserole: Skip making fussy individual tamales and try this easy vegan dish instead. Just mix your tamal batter and steam in a cake pan. (via Thyme and Love)
11. Vegan Breakfast Biscuit Casserole: Eating vegan doesn't have to mean giving up convenience. This vegan breakfast casserole serves a lot of guests, so your family gatherings and brunch parties don't have to be a chore. (via Namely Marley)
12. Kale, Cauliflower, and Sweet Potato Gratin: This casserole works well as an entrée or a side. It features a coconut milk sauce that coats sweet potato, cauliflower, and kale. (via Foraged Dish)
13. Cauliflower Alfredo Scalloped Sweet Potatoes: Cauliflower is the secret ingredient of this alfredo sauce. It's baked along the sweet potatoes for a sneaky way to get two veggies in one dish. (via Food Faith Fitness)
14. Vegan Baked Pumpkin Mac n' Cheese: Vegan cheese substitutes can weird some people out, but this one is made from roasted pumpkin, nutritional yeast, and non-dairy milk. Top with crispy breadcrumbs for a dish that rivals conventional mac and cheese. (via Jessica in the Kitchen)
15. Sweet Potato Green Curry Quinoa Casserole: This sweet potato and quinoa casserole gets a flavor boost thanks to green curry paste. (via Fit Foodie Finds)
16. Vegan Eggplant Moussaka: This vegan moussaka, made with lentils and a vegan béchamel, totally hits the spot. (via Connoisseurus Veg)
17. Creamy Vegan Broccoli Wild Rice Casserole: In this recipe, the casserole gets an extra dose of flavor from lots of sautéed mushrooms and a topping of crispy breadcrumbs and herbs. (via The Veg Life)
18. Vegan Sweet Potato Casserole: Served alongside a Tofurky roast or with a dollop of cashew milk ice cream, you can't beat this sweet potato casserole. It's sweet, has a celebratory flair, and is totally vegan. (via Hummusapien)
19. Tomato Pasta Bake: Make dinner for a crowd with this pasta bake. Alternatively, the red sauce can be made ahead of time for easy weeknight meals. (via A Virtual Vegan)
20. Smoky Portobello Mushroom Vegan Cassoulet: Vegan French food may sound like an impossibility, but this recipe proves otherwise. It gives the classic cassoulet a makeover, adding mushrooms for a savory bite along with garlicky white beans. (via Connoisseurus Veg)
21. Easy Vegan Corn Casserole: Corn casserole goes with almost anything. Try the version alongside faux roasts or roast potatoes, or as a vegan-friendly side dish that omnivores will also enjoy. (via Namely Marly)
22. Zucchini, Tomato, and Potato Casserole: This is a colorful and flavorful way to get all the veggies and nutrients you need for dinner and as lunch the next day. (via The Veg Life)
23. Vegan Tempeh and Kale Enchilada Casserole: Smoky tempeh bacon gives this dish tons of robust flavor. Add a crispy breadcrumb topping for a vegan dish the whole family will love. (via Hummusapien)
24. Hungarian Potato Casserole: Some potato dishes can feel heavy, but not this one. It's made with a cashew sauce and kidney bean sausage crumbles and garnished with pickles for an added kick of tangy flavor. (via Green Evi)
Check out more easy dinner ideas on our Pinterest.
- 13 Irresistible Recipes for a Vegetarian Thanksgiving - Brit + Co ›
- 18 Vegan Paleo Recipes So Good You Might Convert - Brit + Co ›
- 15 Make-Ahead Casserole Recipes That Are Perfect for a Quick ... ›
- 19 Vegan Soul Food Recipes for Down-Home Comfort - Brit + Co ›
- THIS Is the Vegan Casserole Recipe You'll Want to Make All Fall ... ›
- Slow-Cook Your Way to a Decadent Vegan Cinnamon Roll Casserole ›
- 19 Make-Ahead Vegetarian Casserole Recipes to Enjoy on ... ›
- 14 Easy Vegan Breakfast Recipe Ideas for Busy Mornings - Brit + Co ›
- 23 Raw Vegan Recipes You’re Craving Right Now - Brit + Co ›
- Get That Pizza Fix With This Chicken Pepperoni Casserole - Brit + Co ›
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)