15 Vintage-Looking Home Decor Scores
Thrifting is incredibly satisfying, but it takes time — time that we don’t always have. Time that you don’t always have. If you’re smitten with the vintage look, but don’t have the hours in the day to dig for buried treasure, we have 15 sweet solutions for you. These new housewares have mastered the vintage vibe so well that you should probably come up with a good backstory for each piece. “Yeah, so I was in a dumpster… and then found this awesome clock!” That’s a convincing tale, right?
1. Charlotte Sofa ($1,200): Urban Outfitters is stocked with vintage-inspired couches. Many of them are modeled mostly after the streamlined, mid-century styles, including this simple and darling aqua sofa.
3. Rosanna Porcelain Tray ($12): This belongs on our dresser, covered in our jewelry. Don’t you agree?
4. Upcycled Neon Vase Collection ($28): Okay, this one isn’t technically new, but it’s upcycled! Milk glass is great for yesteryear, but this color-loving crafter has recycled her vase collection to bring it into this century. The result is almost as awesome as the time we gilded ours.
5. Crosley Cruiser Turntable ($81): Who needs bluetooth when you can go old school? This record player travels in a handy suitcase and comes in several Brit-approved colors. It also comes with a bonus plugin for your phone or iPod.
6. Hexagon Side Table ($99): This little table has Hollywood glam written all over it. And for under $100, the price is glamorously affordable.
7. ‘One of a Kind’ Hand-Carved Recycled Book Art ($14): These letters made from vintage books are too cute — and from Nordstrom, of all places!
8. Enamel Dinnerware Set ($24-40): A nod to retro camp style, this dinnerware is durable and deliciously pretty. No microwaves for these dishes, though — you’ll have to heat your leftovers up the old fashioned way.
9. Antique-Style Wall Clock ($60): This utility clock is the perfect alternative to that talking robot clock that your boyfriend wants to install.
11. Captain’s Chair ($699-849): You know that chair that you throw your just-removed pants on the minute you walk in the door after work? We feel (perhaps overly) confident that Marilyn Monroe would’ve thrown her pants on this ’50s-friendly chair.
12. Apartment Sweet Apartment Handmade Mat ($24): Plum + Bow’s doormat is so darned cute we don’t even want to step on it. Fuzzy feelings never go out of style.
13. Winter Berry Wallpaper ($299): If you think wallpaper has gone extinct, think again. This designer print has an updated vintage vibe that will work for any room in the house. Just not all of them. Please.
14. Metal Thomas Cubby Wall ($25): Industrial and worn, this metal cubby could’ve easily been found at your neighbor’s garage sale… but you can also grab it online.
15. Striped Oars ($38): No need to dive into the lake to fish out those oars you lost. Summer camp style is just a few clicks away with these colorful, weathered oars.
Found any new-old housewares recently? We wanna hear about them in the comments!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)