15 Vintage-Looking Home Decor Scores
Thrifting is incredibly satisfying, but it takes time — time that we don’t always have. Time that you don’t always have. If you’re smitten with the vintage look, but don’t have the hours in the day to dig for buried treasure, we have 15 sweet solutions for you. These new housewares have mastered the vintage vibe so well that you should probably come up with a good backstory for each piece. “Yeah, so I was in a dumpster… and then found this awesome clock!” That’s a convincing tale, right?
1. Charlotte Sofa ($1,200): Urban Outfitters is stocked with vintage-inspired couches. Many of them are modeled mostly after the streamlined, mid-century styles, including this simple and darling aqua sofa.
3. Rosanna Porcelain Tray ($12): This belongs on our dresser, covered in our jewelry. Don’t you agree?
4. Upcycled Neon Vase Collection ($28): Okay, this one isn’t technically new, but it’s upcycled! Milk glass is great for yesteryear, but this color-loving crafter has recycled her vase collection to bring it into this century. The result is almost as awesome as the time we gilded ours.
5. Crosley Cruiser Turntable ($81): Who needs bluetooth when you can go old school? This record player travels in a handy suitcase and comes in several Brit-approved colors. It also comes with a bonus plugin for your phone or iPod.
6. Hexagon Side Table ($99): This little table has Hollywood glam written all over it. And for under $100, the price is glamorously affordable.
7. ‘One of a Kind’ Hand-Carved Recycled Book Art ($14): These letters made from vintage books are too cute — and from Nordstrom, of all places!
8. Enamel Dinnerware Set ($24-40): A nod to retro camp style, this dinnerware is durable and deliciously pretty. No microwaves for these dishes, though — you’ll have to heat your leftovers up the old fashioned way.
9. Antique-Style Wall Clock ($60): This utility clock is the perfect alternative to that talking robot clock that your boyfriend wants to install.
11. Captain’s Chair ($699-849): You know that chair that you throw your just-removed pants on the minute you walk in the door after work? We feel (perhaps overly) confident that Marilyn Monroe would’ve thrown her pants on this ’50s-friendly chair.
12. Apartment Sweet Apartment Handmade Mat ($24): Plum + Bow’s doormat is so darned cute we don’t even want to step on it. Fuzzy feelings never go out of style.
13. Winter Berry Wallpaper ($299): If you think wallpaper has gone extinct, think again. This designer print has an updated vintage vibe that will work for any room in the house. Just not all of them. Please.
14. Metal Thomas Cubby Wall ($25): Industrial and worn, this metal cubby could’ve easily been found at your neighbor’s garage sale… but you can also grab it online.
15. Striped Oars ($38): No need to dive into the lake to fish out those oars you lost. Summer camp style is just a few clicks away with these colorful, weathered oars.
Found any new-old housewares recently? We wanna hear about them in the comments!