30 Bright Wall Clocks to Buy or DIY
What’s one of the easiest ways to inject a little bit of color into your decor? Add a bright wall clock. We found 30 of our favorite versions, both ones that you can buy and hang, and ones that you can make yourself, so they fit your home perfectly. Now the only problem will be not buying or making all of them! Thank goodness you need a clock in every room of your home, right?
1. Eclipse Wall Clock ($49): There’s so much we love about this clock: the bright colors, the varied sizes of the hour dots, and the strong contrast of the black hands on the white face.
2. Ice Cream Bunting Hand Embroidered Mini Wall Clock ($72): We’ve got a thing for embroidery hoops, and they’re a natural to turn into clocks of any size.
4. Newgate Wall Clock ($135): Reminiscent of school wall clocks (just without that obnoxious bell), this industrial version will fit perfectly in an office setting.
5. Book Clock ($24): Nestle this three volume set onto your bookshelf so you can easily check the time during reading breaks without being distracted by the notifications on your phone.
7. Solar Clock from Suck UK ($34): We love this clock for a gallery wall configuration. It’s small, so it fits in easily, and it can be mounted either vertically or horizontally, so no matter what your composition looks like it will have a home.
9. 5 O’Clock Wall Clock ($100): Perfect for the clockwatchers, the only number on this clock is the one that matters—quitting time! Unless of course you’re on a 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. schedule, in which case it’s just cruel.
10. Swallow Wall Clock ($160): With this clock time literally flies, or at least it appears to.
11. DIY Chrysanthemum Wall Clock: You won’t believe what this bright, flower-inspired clock is made from. If you guessed plastic spoons, you’re right! We’re dreaming of all the colors and variations we could make. (via That’s What Che Said)
12. White & White LED Clock ($227): Based on the Black & White Clock design by Vadim Kibardin (which you already know we love), this unboxed digital clock automatically adjusts its brightness based on the ambient light in the room, and includes an alarm as well.
13. DIY Color Sample Clock: Just in case you need another DIY out of paint chips, you can easily make this rainbow gradient clock. We love the idea of using 60 colors and having an new hue each minute. (via Instructables)
14. Around the World Clock ($49): Perfect for the world traveler who is dreaming of jetting off to new places at least once an hour.
16. Mozia Wall Clock Small ($135): If you want to inject some color into your decor these bright, color-blocked clocks are the way to do it.
17. Custom Record Clock ($60): We loved this clock so much we had to share it again. Send your favorite album to artist Jeff Davis, and let him turn it into a custom wall clock. The best part? All he uses is the label. You’ll get your album back and be able to enjoy both the music and the design of the label simultaneously.
19. Kirie 01 Clock ($84): Resembling a doily or sugared cake decorations, this clock adds a sweet touch to your decor.
22. Wall Hanging Flip Clock/Calendar ($80): An updated take on the classic flip clock design, this option shows you more than just the time.
23. DIY Floating Numbers Wall Clock: Pick up either some house numbers or wooden numbers from the craft supply store (depending on your space) and easily put together this floating wall clock. It looks perfect over a mantel. (via Faded Plains)
24. Karlsson DIY Cubic Wall Clock ($75): If you’re just getting into DIY (welcome!), this is the perfect clock for you. You get to choose the arrangement of the colors, but there’s no painting required.
25. Time Zone Clock ($130): Keep track of all your favorite cities or all your far-flung family members. (That way you won’t accidentally call anyone too late or too early.)
27. Screen Test Wall Clock ($12): Have a dedicated TV or family room? This is the clock that belongs there for a movie-loving family.
28. Vitra Design Museum Ball Clock by George Nelson ($375): Think of this as a way you can own a small piece of modern design history with out completely breaking the bank.
29. Ballerina Wall Clock ($16): This girls can move in ways you’ve never seen, and all for the sake of you know ing what time it is.
30. Glow-in-the-Dark Moon Wall Clock ($49): If you still have those glow-the-dark stars on the ceiling in your childhood bedroom, this might be the grown up version. (Especially because it’s easy to remove.)
Do you have wall clocks in your home or apartment, or are you totally reliant on your phone? Tell us on Twitter!
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.