30 Bright Wall Clocks to Buy or DIY
What’s one of the easiest ways to inject a little bit of color into your decor? Add a bright wall clock. We found 30 of our favorite versions, both ones that you can buy and hang, and ones that you can make yourself, so they fit your home perfectly. Now the only problem will be not buying or making all of them! Thank goodness you need a clock in every room of your home, right?
1. Eclipse Wall Clock ($49): There’s so much we love about this clock: the bright colors, the varied sizes of the hour dots, and the strong contrast of the black hands on the white face.
2. Ice Cream Bunting Hand Embroidered Mini Wall Clock ($72): We’ve got a thing for embroidery hoops, and they’re a natural to turn into clocks of any size.
4. Newgate Wall Clock ($135): Reminiscent of school wall clocks (just without that obnoxious bell), this industrial version will fit perfectly in an office setting.
5. Book Clock ($24): Nestle this three volume set onto your bookshelf so you can easily check the time during reading breaks without being distracted by the notifications on your phone.
7. Solar Clock from Suck UK ($34): We love this clock for a gallery wall configuration. It’s small, so it fits in easily, and it can be mounted either vertically or horizontally, so no matter what your composition looks like it will have a home.
9. 5 O’Clock Wall Clock ($100): Perfect for the clockwatchers, the only number on this clock is the one that matters—quitting time! Unless of course you’re on a 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. schedule, in which case it’s just cruel.
10. Swallow Wall Clock ($160): With this clock time literally flies, or at least it appears to.
11. DIY Chrysanthemum Wall Clock: You won’t believe what this bright, flower-inspired clock is made from. If you guessed plastic spoons, you’re right! We’re dreaming of all the colors and variations we could make. (via That’s What Che Said)
12. White & White LED Clock ($227): Based on the Black & White Clock design by Vadim Kibardin (which you already know we love), this unboxed digital clock automatically adjusts its brightness based on the ambient light in the room, and includes an alarm as well.
13. DIY Color Sample Clock: Just in case you need another DIY out of paint chips, you can easily make this rainbow gradient clock. We love the idea of using 60 colors and having an new hue each minute. (via Instructables)
14. Around the World Clock ($49): Perfect for the world traveler who is dreaming of jetting off to new places at least once an hour.
16. Mozia Wall Clock Small ($135): If you want to inject some color into your decor these bright, color-blocked clocks are the way to do it.
17. Custom Record Clock ($60): We loved this clock so much we had to share it again. Send your favorite album to artist Jeff Davis, and let him turn it into a custom wall clock. The best part? All he uses is the label. You’ll get your album back and be able to enjoy both the music and the design of the label simultaneously.
19. Kirie 01 Clock ($84): Resembling a doily or sugared cake decorations, this clock adds a sweet touch to your decor.
22. Wall Hanging Flip Clock/Calendar ($80): An updated take on the classic flip clock design, this option shows you more than just the time.
23. DIY Floating Numbers Wall Clock: Pick up either some house numbers or wooden numbers from the craft supply store (depending on your space) and easily put together this floating wall clock. It looks perfect over a mantel. (via Faded Plains)
24. Karlsson DIY Cubic Wall Clock ($75): If you’re just getting into DIY (welcome!), this is the perfect clock for you. You get to choose the arrangement of the colors, but there’s no painting required.
25. Time Zone Clock ($130): Keep track of all your favorite cities or all your far-flung family members. (That way you won’t accidentally call anyone too late or too early.)
27. Screen Test Wall Clock ($12): Have a dedicated TV or family room? This is the clock that belongs there for a movie-loving family.
28. Vitra Design Museum Ball Clock by George Nelson ($375): Think of this as a way you can own a small piece of modern design history with out completely breaking the bank.
29. Ballerina Wall Clock ($16): This girls can move in ways you’ve never seen, and all for the sake of you know ing what time it is.
30. Glow-in-the-Dark Moon Wall Clock ($49): If you still have those glow-the-dark stars on the ceiling in your childhood bedroom, this might be the grown up version. (Especially because it’s easy to remove.)
Do you have wall clocks in your home or apartment, or are you totally reliant on your phone? Tell us on Twitter!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.