16 Vintage-Inspired Registry Must-Haves
Next up in our series on all things registry, we’ve teamed up with Target Wedding Registry to serve up a whole bunch of vintage gift ideas… that are actually brand new!
Whether you’re looking for a timeless pitcher, tray or other piece of decor, old school design can definitely be where it’s at. But, going antiquing is way easier said than done and tends to be hit or miss. Lucky for you (gift-giver or newlyweds-to-be), we’ve taken it upon ourselves to collect a handful of vintage-inspired items straight from Target. Woot!
Now, onto the gift ideas and registry must-haves!
1. Aqua Blue Pitcher ($13): This beauty combines emerald green with gold in a timeless way. We can imagine mixing up a fresh batch of lemonade in this pitcher on a hot summer day — and obviously spiking it ;)
2. Luigi Bormioli Michelangelo Cake Plate With Dome ($50): You might think cake baking is old school, but there’s still something special about whipping up a homemade dessert and presenting it in a formal cake dome.
3. Solid Ironwall Clock ($40): This colorful clock is like a hypercolor version of the types of clocks we remember from grade school. This would look great in a kitchen or workspace.
4. Nate Berkus Gold Swingline Stapler ($16): Okay okay, we realize it is semi-ludicrous to suggest a stapler as a wedding gift but… it’s a GOLD stapler. How could we not share it?!
6. Colorful Condiment Caddy ($12): Who knew condiment caddies could actually be attractive? This makes us want to go on a picnic… now.
7. Nate Berkus Gold Mirrored Tray ($35): Is it absurd to describe a tray as disco era?
8. Room Essentials Gooseneck Desk Lamp ($10): You’ve seen a desk lamp like this before, and you’ve probably owned one. Well, the classic gooseneck light is back and now, in full color!
9. Young House Love Vintage Key Rail ($13): Love the mint hue of this key rail.
10. Yellow Metal Decorative Basket ($13): One can never have too many bins, baskets and other means of organization. So why not make sure they look good, too?
13. Libbey Moonshine 8 Piece Drinkware Set ($26): And now you officially have an excuse to make your own moonshine. You’re welcome.
14. KitchenAid 5-Speed Hand Mixer ($40): If you’re not up for the full-on stand mixer, go for this handheld option instead!
15. Round Fruit Print Serving Tray with Handles ($15): Like bins, trays are our BFFs in the organization department. This would look lovely atop an ottoman that doubles as a coffee table.
16. Nate Berkus Yellow Metal Frame ($15): Finally, a frame always makes a great gift for newlyweds. They’ll have so many brand new pictures to frame after the big day.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.