Watch These TV Shows While You Still Can: Here’s What’s Ending in 2017-2018
With all of the great new shows premiering at any given time, it stands that some need to come to an end. Many series have already ended this year, and more cancellation notices keep coming for shows such as Scream Queens and Netflix’s Girlboss — plus, sadly, lots more.
1. Scandal (ABC): The Scandal cancellation broke our hearts, but at least we have new Shonda Rhimes goodness in the form of a Grey’s Anatomy spinoff to look forward to. There’s still no start or end date set for Scandal‘s last season, but it’s reported to be premiering in the fall, and TV Guide says we’ll get 18 episodes.
2.New Girl (Fox): After nearly getting canceled at the end of season six, New Girl has one more chance to say goodbyye. Fox gave the show a final eight episodes, starting TBD sometime in 2018.
3. Episodes (Showtime): It’s been rough for some of our Friends: Matthew Perry’s The Odd Couple was recently given the axe, and on August 20, Matt LeBlanc’s Episodes starts its final season.
4. The Mindy Project (Hulu): Sorry, still grieving. The Last Lahiri, as we’re calling it, starts sometime in September on Hulu.
5. The Americans (FX): The sixth and final season will see our forever-idol Keri Russell wrap up her time as a Russian spy.
6. Halt and Catch Fire (AMC): After binging this tech-boom period drama to deal with Mr. Robot withdrawal last year, we were hooked, and now we’re sad to see it go. But based on the trajectory of the series so far, it’s at least looking to go out on top. The fourth and final season starts August 19.
7. Portlandia (IFC): Pour one out for putting a bird on it. The show’s last season will air in 2018.