We all know that life can imitate art. When it comes to beauty, though, it’s more about techniques imitating art. Think: calligraphy-inspired eyeliner, abstract nail art and, as of late, watercolor eyeshadow. Our Instagram feeds have been flooded with soft, dewy, and colorful eye makeup looks that mimic the effect of colorful paintings. Scroll down for seven mini masterpieces that are perfect for warm weather seasons.
1. Holographic Gloss: This look combines two of our favorite trends: watercolor eyes and glossy lids. The wet finish on the holographic purple and blue hues look stunning paired with barely there blush and a soft lip. (via Nicolas Coulomb)
2. Sunset Eye: Combining warm tones of yellow, orange, and pink into one whimsical style is exactly the look we need for festival season.
3. Metallics: This deep, metallic watercolor eye is a great option for a night spent partying under the stars. Whether you’re heading to dinner with your boo or hitting the bar with friends, this look is sexy, sultry, and bold to boot. Start with a deep plum shade in the crease, adding a darker eggplant into the outer corner, and then patting a shimmery emerald onto the lid. (via Emily Loke)
4. Peachy Keen: Couple a bold brow with a peachy eyeshadow applied into the crease, inner corner, and lower lash line. Then follow up with a darker tone to contour. Leave your lip bare for a bold take on the trend. (via Linda Hallberg)
5. Spring Pastels: If these light, pastel pink, and blue tones don’t remind you of spring, we don’t know what would. Add swatches of playful colors to your inner and outer creases to pop your post-Easter look with abstract flair.
6. Painterly Strokes: Unexpected color combos applied in painterly strokes bring a mermaid-inspired look into cool-girl territory. Channel a throwback paint-by-numbers aesthetic with splotches of cool blues mixed with bright tones of orange. (via Nasty Gal)
7. Glittery Glam: Disco-era eyeshadow gets a glam upgrade courtesy of glittery strokes of springtime pastels. Reimagine the smokey eye with watercolor-inspired shades of pink, blue, and yellow. (via Amanda Camenisch)
Tweet us your favorite makeup trends @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.