13 Beautiful Wedding Hairstyles That Aren’t Updos
As much as we all love a beautiful updo, sometimes you just want to let your hair down when planning your big day. We’re sharing 13 of our favorite wedding hairstyles that aren’t updos, including half up-half down creations and beautiful braids. Whether you’re a boho bride planning a rustic fall fête or a classic bride hosting an elegant winter soiree, you’re sure to find something here that inspires you. Not heading down the aisle yourself? These styles work just as well for bridesmaids and guests.
1. Free-Flowing Curls + Flower Crown: A crown featuring your favorite seasonal blooms makes a simple hairstyle all the more beautiful. We love the way this floral wreath complements the bride’s free-flowing curls. (via From the Hip Photo)
2. DIY Messy Fishtail Braid: Thanks to the enduring popularity of Frozen, braids are still going strong as one of the hottest bridal hairstyles. Try this loosened fishtail for an innovative twist on the classic. (via Meghan Kay Sadler)
4. DIY Asymmetric Crown Braid: When you can’t quite decide between leaving your hair down and having it braided, this breezy style delivers the best of both worlds. Get the look in three fast steps with the help of our tutorial. (via Brit + Co)
8. DIY Faux Bob: Rock shorter locks on your special day, no drastic haircut required. With just a little ponytail and pinning action, you can easily transform long hair into a faux bob that seems remarkably real. (via Brit + Co)
13. DIY Fishtail Braid Ponytail: Keep your hair off of your face in style with this classy creation that marries two of our favorite looks — the fishtail braid and pony. (via Danielle Evans Photography)
Which of these creative hairstyles is your favorite? Are there any others you especially love? Share some fresh ideas below.