Turn Your Wedding Photos into Home Decor With These 13 Tricks
You’ve spent almost a year planning your wedding… and just like that, it can be over in the blink of an eye. While the big day can’t last forever, your wedding photos will be there for you over the years to share with family and reminisce. But let’s face it, after all the hype of your wedding (not to mention the pretty penny you paid for your photographer), those photos should do more than just sit on a USB drive! Turning your wedding photos into decor for your newlywed home is a great way to commemorate the special day in a unique way. These 13 creative displays are sure to put those memories front and center and dress up your new pad.
1. Canvas Print: Turning your favorite wedding photos into a canvas print is a great way to showcase your wedding in your new (or newlywed) home. Not only is a canvas print eye-catching, but it also makes your special moments truly feel like a work of art. (via Shutterfly)
2. DIY Photo Garland: Garlands don’t just make for great party decor; they also can lend a whimsical touch to your home. This easy DIY photo garland is a sweet and unexpected way to put those wedding photos to good use. (via Brit + Co)
4. Photo Calendar: Reflect on your 12 favorite wedding moments year-round with a custom photo calendar. This modern calendar could look perfect in your home office or as kitchen decor. (via Artifact Uprising)
6. Quirky Photo Strips: Bring all the fun of photo strips to your living room with a giant photo strip wall hanging. Pick the four most spontaneous moments of your wedding day for a fun, authentic touch. (via Social Print Studio)
7. Wedding Photo Magnets: Turn your wedding photos into pretty and functional decor pieces with these magnets. They’re incredibly easy to create and are sure to make you smile every day. (via Brit + Co)
8. Table Runner: Featuring your photos as a collage-style table runner brings a personal and unexpected touch to your dining room. This is one wedding photo DIY you’ll be excited to showcase at your dinner table for years to come. (via Ruffled)
9. Ceramic tiles: Turn your fave photos into ceramic tiles for a unique art piece. You can use them as trivets pr coasters, or even mount them on the wall to bring the magic of your wedding into your home. (via Brit + Co)
10. Custom Art Portrait: You only get to wear your wedding dress once, and then it goes into your closet. How unfair is that? Keep the magic alive and remember how amazing you felt in your dress with a custom illustration of your favorite bridal moment. (via Etsy)
11. Photo Rope: Using a magnetic photo rope to hang your wedding photos is super easy and also makes a stunning visual impact in your home. (via Brit + Co)
12. DIY wooden photo vase: We love wooden vases for the rustic and elegant look it can lend to your home. So why not give these must-have decor pieces a special twist by adding a wedding photo or two? Freshen up the memorable piece weekly with new flowers. (via Brit + Co)
How do you display your wedding photos in your home? Which of these ideas would be perfect for showcasing your own wedding photos? Let us know in the comments!