5 Top Tech Tools for Planning Your Wedding
The perks of being a modern bride are plentiful (hello, Etsy!), but one of the best parts is the array of tech tools that make the planning easier, smoother and less stressful. Bridging the gap between busy couples and options for venues, vendors and guests is no easy task, but these tools are doing it with just a few clicks. While it’s become standard for tech-savvy couples to use Pinterest or official wedding hashtags, we’re sharing a few gems you might not know about.
1. Wedding Spot: The ultimate tool to stay organized and cost-efficient, Wedding Spot helps lock down the perfect venue with minimal time and effort. Search venues by location, style and a host of other filters, and let Wedding Spot price your favorites based on the estimated number of guests. It’ll even get you directly in touch with the venue’s wedding planners to view and book your spot. After you have the venue on lock, Wedding Spot can manage your guest list, print address labels and keep track of RSVPs.
2. Zola: Zola allows engaged couples to pick and choose wedding registry items without having to stick to one department store or brand. Plus, it allows for group gifting as well as giving of experiences, such as a private mixology class for two and a wild food walk. Zola features tried-and-true brands like Cuisinart and KitchenAid as well as emerging brands, so brides and grooms can stay on top of the latest innovations.
DL It: Free on iOS
3. Weddington Way: Trying to please both the bride and bridesmaids can be a tough task, but this online boutique has found a way. Weddington Way offers a heavily curated selection of bridesmaids’ dresses and accessories as well as ties for groomsmen, making it easy to shop for the entire bridal party. They even have personal stylists and an online showroom, so you can coordinate with your bridesmaids no matter where they live.
4. Wedding Party: Aptly known as “the app for your wedding,” Wedding Party bridges the gap between the couple and guests throughout the planning process and even after the wedding. Wedding Party collects all your wedding photos from guests and keeps everyone in the loop with up-to-date details. You can add schedules for all the big events, plus see a timeline of memories crowdsourced from your guests, so you can relive that perfect day through everyone’s eyes.
5. Wanderable: Couples with wanderlust, meet your dream app. Wanderable allows you to create a registry for your honeymoon. Providing curated recommendations for trips, personalized registry pages and guest features like group gifting, Wanderable gives couples amazing options for the unforgetable journey after their wedding.
DL It: Free on iOS
Did you have a digital helper help you plan your wedding? Share your tech tips with us below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)