12 Whimsical Ways to Organize Your Jewelry
It’s no secret that around here, our favorite way to accessorize is with jewelry. And since we’re always on the hunt for fabulous pieces to wear, from handmade statement necklaces to 3D printed rings, we’re also constantly looking for cute and clever ways to organize our treasured bling. These 12 whimsical jewelry dishes give us exactly that (what a find!), adding an adorable touch to every dresser or bathroom vanity they grace.
1. Giraffe Trinket Dish ($16): This gold spotted giraffe gladly lends his long neck to hang your most precious gems. Thanks buddy!
2. Umbrella Ring Dish ($8): Who knew a wind blown umbrella would be perfectly shaped for storing delicate chains and charms? We love that you can drop your rings around its curved handle.
3. Muse Tub Ring Holder ($4): This tiny chrome-plated tub might win “most unusual catch-all,” but that doesn’t mean we don’t totally adore it.
4. Wishbone Jewelry Holder ($48): Keep your luckiest charms on this golden wishbone jewelry dish. Even all superstitions aside, this porcelain plate is remarkably chic.
5. Dawdler Ring Catcher ($10): This snail’s shell is stunning for a reason: its pinwheel stripes mark the hidden compartment where everything from stud earrings to cocktail rings can be safely (and secretly!) stored.
6. Helping Hands Catch-All Dish ($9): Rest assured, your favorite pendant necklaces are in good hands—aww, we had to!
7. Plum & Bow Lady Legs Ring Holder ($14): We have to thank these lady legs not only for acting as a catch-all for our stacking rings and bangles, but also for giving us some serious style pointers—polka dot tights and pink pumps, anyone?
9. Gold Carnaby Zebra Stacking Dish ($32): As the envy of the animal kingdom, this posh striped zebra fled his habitat to exist in harmony with other gilded baubles. Add just about any trinket to this versatile tray.
10. Landmark Ring Dish ($12): The spokes and spires of iconic landmarks double as a place to display your worldly ring collection. We’re totally obsessed!
What ways do you store your jewelry? Any beautiful or clever organization options we should know about? Tell us in the comments below!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.