10 Ways to Wear White Denim This Season
That old rule of avoiding white between Labor Day and Memorial Day is long gone (just ask Rihanna!), so get ready to bust those white jeans out of the back of your closet. Whether they’re skinny, flared, distressed or cuffed, they’re eagerly awaiting a chance to make their debut in your spring wardrobe. We’ve rounded up 10 solid ways to rock your white denim right now, so you can stop second guessing the style and start owning the look.
1. Chambray Shirt: We love the look of a loose top with tight jeans, and the whitewash color of this chambray shirt pairs perfectly with them. You can get a similar top at Old Navy for a mere $30. (via Fashion for Fashion)
2. Bold Patterns: Your white jeans are a blank slate. Why not pick a fun, flashy pattern to pair them with? If you want to achieve a copycat look, head over to ASOS and grab a similar scarf print blouse. (via Atlantic Pacific)
3. White Out: We wear black-on-black all the time, so white-on-white is fair game too. Try mixing textures like the pointelle sweater or chiffon shirt featured here to divide top and bottom. Loft carries a sweater that will help you make the look your own. (via Shop Style and Indulgy)
4. Denim on Denim: We’re not talking about that ever popular ’90s look of same-shade tapered jeans and matching jackets. This denim-on-denim is a trendy way to get some more use out of your favorite jean jacket, while steering clear of mixing colors and fabrics that are too alike. If you don’t have one, check out this Gap jean machine. (via Dust Jacket Attic)
5. Pops of Color: Anything stands out when it’s next to white, so this is your chance to sport all of those bright shades you’ve been dying to incorporate into the greatest color popping ensemble of all time. Pick colorful jewelry and accessories to go along with a colorful top, like this clutch from Etsy and this statement necklace from Miss Kate Spade. (via Mix and Match Fashion)
6. Graphic Tee: Grab your favorite soft tee out of the drawer, because now you have a stylish reason to wear it. White jeans seem to make everything look more fashionable, even T-shirts. Get the same shirt for only $20 and rock the look yourself. (via Style Caster)
8. With Neutrals: Whoever told you neutrals are boring was straight up lying. Neutral hues all go together perfectly, which means matching is effortless… and we love effortless. Recreate the look with a similar sweater from ASOS. (via Celebrity Street Style)
9. Kimono: If you’re like a lot of us, you might be a little nervous about the potential see-through factor of white jeans (or about showing off your booty). Your best bet is a long top, tunic or kimono that will hit you right at the top of your thighs, which is sure to make you look long and leggy. Rock the look with this step-by-step guide to make your very own kimono in whatever fabric you fancy. (via Leann Barlow)
10. Classic Black and White ($277): Black and white are timeless colors that go with pretty much everything under the sun. The options are endless with this duo. And this oversized sweater with distressed jeans is just one of the ways you’ll want to go.
Which way will you wear your white jeans this season? What’s your favorite look here? Leave us a comment and let us know.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.