We’re major fans of the wine slushie as a summer sipping staple. It’s an icy life-saver on hotter than HOT days that offers the fresh fruity flavor of a smoothie but with our grown-up girl taste for wine. Oh, and did we mention that they’re a two-step ingredient concoction? If you haven’t introduced the wine slushie to your summer entertaining yet, scroll on for our fave recipes and party ideas.
1. Trendy Tumblers: The cup itself is almost as important as what you put in it, amirite? (via Cooking With Books)
2. Slushie Bar Central: Serve up your cool cocktails from a tropical-inspired outdoor bar. While the actual slushies need to be served pronto to stay frozen, you can keep glasses, garnishes, and prosecco finishers in full view.
3. DIY Cocktail Umbrellas: Offer an assortment of colorful slushie flavors and enhance their curb appeal with these fruity homemade paper cocktail umbrellas. (via We Like Mondays)
4. Pour in Prosecco: From brunch onward, bubbly is definitely a good idea. Add some welcome fizzy freshness to your wine slushie with a prosecco pineapple blend. (via The Suburban Soapbox)
5. Coconut Cups: Give your slushies a taste of retro flair with tropical tiki accessories like coconut cups and faux-bamboo straws. Check out cocktail emporiums for unique glassware and garnishes. (via Sugar and Cloth)
6. DIY Fruit Straws: Wine slushies call for more than your average straw. Look for bright and quirky options, or make your own DIY fruit straws to get mouths watering. (via Paper & Pin)
7. Paper Party Cups: Amp up the cute factor and skip the dishes with party-ready paper cups in fun and fruity patterns. (via My Little Day)
8. Serve With Style: Your wine slushie party will be extra Insta-worthy with bright finishing touches like a hot pink tray and sassy flamingo straws. (via Sugar and Charm)
9. The Perfect Wine Slushie Recipe: This recipe calls for wine ice cubes and your favorite sorbet. Use different wines and sorbets to create a rainbow of bevies. (via Brit + Co)
Are you planning your very own wine slushie party? Follow us on Pinterest for even more summer party inspo!