10 Wonderful Wintry Picks for Decorating Your Baby’s Nursery
Forget about frigid temps and whipping winds: Tufts of soft snow tucked under a brilliant blue sky is the setting that screams “winter!” to you, and you’re all about the perfect palette and artsy inspiration of the season. When chickies, duckies, and teddy bears just won’t do, these winter-themed nursery accents will add a pinch of sophistication and so much style to your baby’s room.
1. Pottery Barn Kids Wooly Tree Decor ($17+): Think snow-covered pines in the middle of the woods — minus the mess of a real tree. The textured wool weave adds an artsy accent that isn’t too fussy or overcomplicated.
2. Crate & Kids Ever Simple White Crib ($499): This elegant crib is an ideal addition to a winter-white nursery design. And, bonus, if you change your mind weeks, months, or even a year from now, the neutral palette will easily translate to any other theme.
3. Bleubri “The Winter Forest” Print ($9+): This colorful print of a chilly valley scene makes a statement without heading toward the cutesy-cutesy side of kid’s room decor. As an easy-to-add accent, you can swap this artwork out for something more seasonal when spring finally starts blooming.
4. Sweetums Signatures Winter Tree Wall Decal ($16+): You say you’re not ready to make a permanent commitment to your kiddo’s nursery decor? When a hand-painted mural isn’t on your to-do list, a wall decal is an easy option. This snowy tree adds a cute coolness to your child’s room.
5. IKEA Solbo Table Lamp ($17): A snowy owl adds a hint of winter to your baby’s nursery. The sculpture plays up the wintertime theme, and you can also use it to give the room a soft glow instead of turning on the bright overhead light when baby wakes up.
6. Cloud Island Round Activity Playmat ($25): The snow-topped peaks on this playmat add winter wonderland style to your child’s room. Not only is the mat an easy (and coordinating) addition to the seasonal theme, but it’s also fabulously functional.
7. Pottery Barn Kids Classic Holiday Baby Bedding ($24+): Create a Christmassy feel in your kiddo’s nursery with these traditional patterns. While they won’t exactly make a year-round accent, they’re absolutely perfect for the pre-holiday weeks.
8. RH Baby & Child Heathered Sherpa Crib Bumper ($159): Think of this decorative bumper as a removable scarf for baby’s bed. Add it to a winter-white crib sheet or pair it with a holiday-themed pick to give the nursery a comfy and cozy seasonal look.
9. Babyletto Madison Swivel Glider ($200): This contemporary glider brings a modern twist to the comfort that new mamas rely on. So turn up the sophistication with this snowy-white winter accent, and forget about frumpy nursery expectations.
10. Design Atelier Article Winter Tree Bookends ($64): These metal bookends add a special something to baby’s room. The bare winter tree limbs have clean, contemporary lines that carry the winter concept into yet another area of the nursery, and the sophisticated design will grow with your child.
Tweet us your favorite piece of themed nursery decor @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.