10 Bridesmaid Styles Perfect for a Winter Wedding
There is definitely a certain romantic vibe attached to winter. The snow, the fireplaces, keeping warm under the blankets. So for many, this season is the ideal time to say “I do” with their partner. Sure, the snow will look pretty epic in your wedding pics, but it does come with an added challenge: figuring out how you can actually dress to both look good and keep warm. We’ve already shared some stellar ideas for winter-friendly bridal looks, but let’s not forget about those loyal bridesmaids. Here are 10 looks to dress your favorite ladies in that they’ll be totally grateful for come the chilly wedding day.
1. Mismatched Cardigans: Make the mismatched bridesmaid dress trend winter-friendly by having all your favorite ladies pop on a different color cardigan. Here’s a great way to add more color to your day while also adding a bit of originality for your each of your bridesmaids. (via Amanda K)
2. Sequined Ladies: The snow won’t be the only thing sparkling at your winter wedding. Add a bit of glitz to your day by decking your girls out in sequins. Glam it up even more with furry shawls or keep it simple with just the dress. (via Tec Petaja and Once Wed)
3. Cool in Coats: If you’re going to brave a wedding in the cold, it’s best to dress appropriately rather than try to pretend like a strapless dress is enough. Save the ceremony shivers and have all your ladies sport the same coat for a cohesive look that’s also practical. (via Happy Wedd)
4. A Little Bit of Fur: These furry accessories will add an element of glam to the day, without being too overpowering. And if you’re facing freezing temperatures, we think your bridemaids will definitely thank you for this added bit of warmth. (via Intimate Weddings and Braun Photography)
5. Mismatched Scarves: It’s certainly not traditional, but it looks surprisingly cute. If you’re going for rustic, pair this look with some cowboy boots for a cool, casual vibe. (via Hazy Blur Creative and Wedding Obsession)
6. Leather Jackets: Obviously this rocker look isn’t for everyone, but boy does it look awesome. When Danny and Sandy inevitably got married, we’re guessing it looked a whole lot like this. (via Black Hue Photography)
7. Jewel-Toned Jems: Lush jewel-toned shades will make an epic contrast again a stark winter backdrop. Also, this is a color scheme that can be adjusted to work for pretty much every skin tone, which is always a definite plus. (via Green Wedding Shoes and Kat Bevel)
8. Long Sleeves: Oh what a difference sleeves can make. Just because everyone’s rocking more fabric doesn’t mean they have to look like grandmas. When styled right, long sleeves can add extra drama and even an element of sexiness. (via Vogue)
9. Separates: Take a hint from Olivia Palermo’s chic wedding ensemble on this one and ditch the dress for some stylish separates. Put an ultra winter friendly spin on this look by dressing bridesmaids in a long maxi paired with a sleek v-necked sweater. (via Studio Castillero)
10. Flannels: If you’re hosting your ceremony outside, have all your best girls in coordinating flannels for some extra warmth that’ll also look super cute. When you’re headed inside for the reception they can take it off and show off those pretty dresses. (via Borrowed and Blue)
Were you a winter bridesmaid? What did you do to keep warm? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.