The Type of Friend You Are, According to Your Zodiac
Women make the best best friends — honestly, friendships are so important to our well-being. There’s nothing better than knowing you can count on a best friend’s advice on everything from new boyfriends to job interviews — a non-judgmental, sympathetic partner that’s by your side through everything. But if you think about it, do you find yourself calling specific friends under specific circumstances? Some women are amazing at listening for hours, while others always motivate you to get yourself to the gym. There are so many different types of friends (and friendships!) out there, so we thought it’d make sense to break down our friendship styles as written in the stars.
Cancer (June 21 — July 22)
1. Shoulder to Cry On: As a sensitive soul with a loving streak a mile long, you’re aces at making your friends feel better when they’re feeling down, sweet Cancer. You’re always there to listen after a breakup, empathize with a bad day, or offer understanding during a family crisis. Just remember to be easy on yourself and not emotionally take on everyone else’s troubles too. (Photo via ABC)
Leo (July 23 — August 22)
2. Party Plus One: Leo, you’re social, playful, and always down to meet new people. Which makes you the perfect plus one for all your besties who are looking for a little social support in ay situation. Not only will you immediately make new friends wherever you go, but you always put the crowd at ease, making every function just a little more fun for everyone. (Source: NBC)
Virgo (August 23 — September 22)
3. Positive Motivator: While your perfectionism and attention to detail can often feel overwhelming to you, those same qualities make you an amazing cheerleader for your friends. You love to help others get better and know how to support those closest to you in just the right way so they feel confident and cared for at the same time. Whenever a friend has a major decision in front of them or needs a push to transform their lives, you’re definitely the one for the job, Virgo. (Photo via FOX)
Libra (September 23 — October 22)
4. Problem Solver: There’s no one better at staying calm and keeping an open mind in a crisis than you, Libra. So it comes as no surprise that your squad looks to you to help solve their most difficult dilemmas! You can see both sides of a situation and balance your advice with the same care as a judge on the stand. Your friends know that you truly listen to them and offer sound, reasonable advice that’s compassionate and sensitive. (Photo via The CW)
Scorpio (October 23 — November 21)
5. GNO Partner-in-Crime: Sometimes a girl just wants to go out and scope some cuties with her best girl, and Scorpio, you’re definitely the one for the job. Your fire, passion, and loyalty make for the best wing woman a BFF could ever want. Your girls know you won’t flake at the last minute or split to hang with your S.O. halfway through the night, and they love you for it. (Photo via Warner Bros.)
Sagittarius (November 22 — December 21)
6. Adventure Buddy: Your sense of wanderlust and possibility is infectious, Sag, and your crew is always looking to you to set a new course, whether it’s a group vacay or just a trip to the flea market. You’re always game for a new adventure and are often the one planning the next escape! Your friends can’t help but get pulled into your optimistic orbit and have faith in your guidance (both literal and figurative). (Photo via Comedy Central)
Capricorn (December 22 — January 19)
7. Work Wife: You’re stable, never gossipy, and are competitive with no one but yourself, Capricorn, which makes you everyone’s favorite work wife. The nine-to-five can be tedious and stressful — which is where you come in. Not only can you offer your coworkers genuine friendship and fun, but your inherent drive is an awesome motivator for everyone you know.
Aquarius (January 20 — February 18)
8. Friend Connector: With individuality and idealism at the crux of who you are as a person, it makes sense you’re the friend always bringing unlikely groups together. While some people dread the whole “worlds colliding” thing, it gives you life to connect friends, especially those who are creative and doing cool things — you just have a sixth sense of who’s going to hit it off and can’t wait to see the awesome things your favorite people accomplish together. (Photo via Netflix)
Pisces (February 19 — March 20)
9. Spiritual Guide: Okay, maybe “spiritual guide” is a little dramatic, but you’re definitely the one all your friends come to for yoga retreat recommendations, crystal healing, astrology guidance, dry brushing techniques, and new moon manifestations. Indeed, your own strong third-eye connection and spiritual awareness acts like a mystical magnet for your friends. They look to you to help keep them feeling well, and your empathetic nature means you’re always up to the challenge. (Photo via Touchstone)
Aries (March 21 — April 19)
10. Truth Teller: Ruled by fiery Mars, you’re a woman of action, Aries, and you have no trouble telling your friends just what they need to do when they’re in a bind. You’ve got a direct-but-caring approach to helping your friends through tough situations, and while the hard truth may be difficult to hear at first, your pals are always grateful you’ve got their back. Just remember to stay supportive and not steamrolling! (Photo via Warner Bros.)
Taurus (April 20 — May 20)
11. Netflix Binge Partner: There’s nothing you love more than being comfortable at home, Taurus, and your besties know you’ll always be up for a Netflix binge night. There’s something super intimate and relaxing about spending time curled up on the couch with your close friends, and you’ve got a calming, welcoming energy that makes everyone feel like their most carefree selves while they’re binge watching Master of None with you. (Photo via Freeform)
Gemini (May 21 — June 20)
12. Class Buddy: Forever curious, you’re the best friend to call when your gal pals are looking to expand their horizons, Gemini. Whether it’s a weaving class, cooking demonstration, or political lecture, your friends know you’ll always be up to try something new with them. Your openness and thirst for knowledge has such a positive impact on your friends’ own awareness of what else is out there to discover! (Photo via Netflix)
Do you think your zodiac sign relates to your friendship style? Tweet us @BritandCo and let us know what you think of our match-ups!
(Featured photo via Comedy Central)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)