The Statement Coat You Need for Fall According to Your Zodiac Sign
Up until now, you’ve probably been preoccupied with pulling together the ultimate fall look, complete with chic sweaters, embroidered denim and trendy fall shoes. But now that we’ve hit the mid-season point — there’s no turning back now — scoring a prime piece of outerwear should be high on your priority list. There’s likely a classic black car coat or camel-colored cocoon style holdin’ it down in your closet already, but every girl needs a scene-stealing topper (maybe even two) that can turn up the heat on basics, GNO getups and on-the-job attire in two seconds flat. With so many options to choose from, finding the perfect coat to add to your RN lineup is no easy feat. Luckily, we’ve consulted the Astro gods and mapped out 12 stunning styles to try based on your zodiac sign. Whether you’re a Scorpio or a Gemini, scroll on to see which of these chic coats you’re destined to wear this season.
1. Monki Patent Coat ($138): You’re a lot of things, Scorpio, but boring isn’t one of them. As a natural-born leader with an endless supply of passion, you need a coat that can keep up with your dynamism and drive — and this patent stunner will certainly do the trick. The high-shine finish and classic silhouette bring the drama in a totally versatile way (your way) — just add pointed-toe boots and cropped denim, and you’re good to go.
2. Free People Jacquard Wool Coat With Faux Fur ($398): Driven by curiosity, wanderlust and a desire to explore all that life has to offer, Sagittarius is an adventurer through-and-through. Trimmed in shearling and earthy florals, this free-spirited wool coat is the perfect partner for your next big-city getaway or glamping adventure. The only thing missing? A chic felt hat and lace-up booties.
3. Seen Worn Kept Geode Car Coat ($228): You do you, girl. Though practical and sophisticated, you don’t mess around when it comes to style. Sure, you wouldn’t dream of parting ways with your wardrobe essentials, but you’re a lot more adventurous than you’re often given credit for. Case in point: this geo car coat. Fusing timeless elegance with modern edge, it’ll take you from the office to GNO in flawless fashion.
4. ASOS Made in Kenya Hooded Throw on Coat in Wool ($154): Aquarius has big dreams, high standards and an independent attitude, all of which factor into her fashion choices — best believe every piece in her enviable wardrobe brings its A-game to the table. This color-block coat — a collab between ASOS and SOKO Kenya — is no exception, playing off your passion for fair trade and ethical fashion and a penchant for eye-catching color. Go the extra mile with vibrant red booties and a statement cross-body bag for an Insta-worthy look that’s guaranteed to turn heads.
5. M Missoni Jacquard-Knit Wool-Blend Coat ($299): For imaginative Pisces, a blasé black peacoat simply won’t do. Get in touch with your creative side once the cool weather settles in with a look-at-me outer layer with artistic flair. The perfect partner to luxe velvet culottes and shimmery block heels, it’s the piece to put your innovative style on display.
6. Nasty Gal Collection What the Faux Fur Coat ($178): You’re not one to fly under the radar, Aries. Metallic denim, embellished steppers and OMG-worthy baubles — your style is unabashedly confident. Between fall soirees, birthday bashes and GNO, you need a coat that knows how to make an entrance. Leave the camel car coat and tired trench behind, and add this glamazon faux fur stunner to your lineup stat.
7. C/meo Collective The Definition Coat ($295): Streamlined and chic is the name of your outerwear game. You know that OTT details aren’t the only way to stand out from the crowd, and this wrap coat with its oversized grommet detail just gets you, girl. Work in a little extra oomph with an embellished cross-body bag and architectural kicks for the win.
8. Mango Animal Design Coat ($150): Geminis are known for being fun, artistic and outgoing — it makes total sense that you’d be drawn to this season’s biggest trends: animal prints. Enter the exotic topper that was made for weekend shenanigans and impromptu nights out on the town. Pop it on with a vibrant swing dress and combat boots for a look that strikes just the right balance of downtown cool and uptown chic.
9. Topshop Boutique Car Coat ($420): Cancers are a mixed bag of awesome — not only are they incredibly considerate, but they’re also chic to boot. Get in touch with your free-wheelin’ side this season with a high-octane car coat. While the silhouette is all about keepin’ it classic, the vibrant hue is nothing short of show-stopping. Send the midweek blahs packing by pairing it with a cozy sweater dress and not-your-average ankle boots.
10. Lost Ink Smart Coat With Faux Fur Collar in Leopard Print ($178): Commanding a room is what confident Leos do — and that should prove no problem with outerwear like this in tow. Bold color and unexpected details rule supreme in your wardrobe, making this leopard-print number feel right at home. Blending in isn’t an option when you team it with a streamlined jumpsuit, glitzy chandelier earrings and a metallic clutch for your next gallery opening or GNO.
11. & Other Stories Tailored Peacoat ($245): Elegant and urbane — just like you. As perfectionists, Virgos are all about the details. You might view a peacoat as blazing new fashion trails, but updates like a boxy silhouette and bow-trimmed oversized sleeves land this classic in cutting-edge territory.
12. French Connection Pixel Mix Cotton Coat ($248): Sure, as a level-headed Libra you have the whole confidence thing on lock, but that doesn’t mean you’re looking to step into the limelight. Multi-tonal tweed and color block-inspired styling pair up with clean-cut shape to deliver an edgy outer layer that plays to both your practical and easy-going sides.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.