Make This 4 Ingredient Gluten-Free Zucchini Pancakes With Avocado and Egg Recipe
We’re really on a zucchini kick this week here at Brit + Co! We’ve already come up with a few healthy recipes, including delicious 150 Calorie Zucchini and Chocolate Chip Muffins, in addition to our gluten-free No Cook Veggie Pasta. But we still have one more eggsellent idea for you, our 4 Ingredient Zucchini Pancakes with Avocado and Egg!
– 3 zucchini
– 1 cup cornmeal
– 12 eggs
– 2 avocados
1. Use a mandoline or food processor to finely grate or julienne the zucchini.
2. Place three cups of zucchini in a bowl and add three eggs, cornmeal, and a dash of pepper. Mix until combined.
3. Heat skillet over medium-low heat. Add a teaspoon of oil and drop spoonfuls of zucchini batter into skillet, flattening each with the back of your spoon or spatula. Cook four minutes on each side or until golden brown.
4. Season pancakes with salt and top each with a few slices of avocado.
5. Add another teaspoon of oil to your skillet and cook eggs sunny side up or over easy. Place egg on top of avocado and season with salt and pepper.
Time to dig in!
Start by gathering your four ingredients.
Trim each zucchini and use a mandoline or food processor to julienne.
Place zucchini in a medium bowl and add cornmeal and pepper. Toss to combine.
Break eggs into a separate bowl and beat with a fork. Add to zucchini mixture.
Toss mixture again until well combined.
Heat a pan over medium-low heat and add a teaspoon of oil. Drop zucchini by the spoonfuls and cook for four minutes on each side or until golden brown.
The batter should make about nine to twelve pancakes. Season with a little salt.
Thinly slice avocados and place a few slices on each cake. Season with a little more salt.
Cook an egg sunny side up or over easy and place on top of the avocado.
Top egg with salt and pepper and you’re done!
What are your favorite breakfast recipes? Let us know in the comments section below!