Our skincare standards have always been high, but with this whole non-touring makeup trend in full swing, getting our face to look perfectly smooth and supple takes our regimen to another level. Yes, you can go to a dermatologist’s office to get wrinkle-free results, but those pricey, sometimes invasive treatments require a serious commitment. We’ve got a gentler, more affordable alternative: low-maintenance, wrinkle-smoothing treatments you can do at home that won’t put a huge dent in your wallet (read: under $90!). We scouted out seven products that are using the latest technology and ingredients to give you OMG-worthy treatment, and with regular use, you’ll see a noticeable change in the form of plumper, softer and smoother skin. Consider these your starter kit for makeup-free selfies in your future.
1. La Roche-Posay Active-C Anti-Wrinkle Concentrate ($53): Dermatologists have long known that topical vitamin C is a sure-fire method to improve skin texture and tone, thanks to its powerful antioxidant properties. This moisturizing cream has a pure and active vitamin C that makes it more potent than other versions, giving skin a glowy boost and smoother appearance. Given the fact that most active vitamin C versions ring in at around $80, this product is a steal.
2. Olay Regenerist Luminous Light Hydrating Lotion ($24): Don’t think for a second that a light lotion can’t do the same job as a cream: This one does major heavy lifting by depositing moisturizing droplets onto the skin’s surface after one application. These droplets penetrate deep down and work beneath the surface to make skin look plumper, more hydrated and brighter in two weeks.
3. Estee Lauder Revitalizing Supreme + Global Anti-Aging and Wake Up Balm ($62): This velvety, rich cream is like a caffeine fix, but for your face. Pat it on anytime you need to reboot your look for a brighter, more radiant tone. Over time, plant stem cell extracts tighten wrinkles and lines to make your complexion look and feel firmer.
4. Jeffrey James Botanicals The Firm Antioxidant Super Serum ($45): If you overdosed on sun this summer, chances are the free radicals from UV rays are eating away at your healthy cells. A drop of this naturally derived serum delivers a potent antioxidant blend of cranberry, blueberry and raspberry seed oils to reverse the damage and prevent fine lines and sagging skin from showing up on your pretty face. Yes. Please.
5. Dr. Brandt Skincare Needles No More ($89): Um, does anyone like needles? We certainly don’t. That’s why this cream, loaded with exclusive peptide ingredients that soften expression lines, is in our virtual shopping cart. Though it won’t totally smooth out lines (sorry, you’ll need botox needles for that), you can pat it on your brow furrows, smile lines and crow’s feet to lessen the look of deep creases. We’ll take that over needles any day. It’s the priciest item on this list, but you’d better believe it’s worth it.
6. Rodial Stem Cell Magic Gel ($75): Plant stem cell ingredients are the superstars of this gel-cream, which tightens and plumps wrinkles so they appear lighter. Use it each morning as a moisturizer for an energized look during the day, and slather on a thick layer at night for an intensive mask that yields beautifully dewy skin when you wake.
7. Lancome Energie De Vie The Smoothing & Plumping Water-Infused Cream ($55): If you’re tired of constantly reapplying moisturizer to kick that tight, dry feeling, this watery cream is your savior. It’s got a cool-to-the-touch feeling that refreshes and reinvigorates dry skin with just a drop for a full 24 hours, all while improving an uneven tone and softening rough texture.
Want more skincare tips? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.