Of all the must-have spring wardrobe staples, denim jackets are way at the top of our list. Why? They’re the definition of casual cool, looking as effortless on as they are to wear: they’re a go-to lightweight layer, looking ace over dresses and hoodies alike. And even though you’ll catch us swooning over a perfect denim wash and the classic trucker cut, we’ve found 16 reasons — er, 16 different jackets — that will definitely mix up your denim game. Patterned, cropped, studded and dip-dyed—this batch is anything but boring.
1. Lightweight Denim Jacket ($225): What happens when you mix the fit of a loose chambray shirt with a moto jacket collar? A totally Pin-able jacket, that’s what!
2. Resort Trucker Jacket ($88): Levi’s pulled this Aztec-inspired print from their archives to amp up their classic trucker cut jean jacket, and we totally approve. Be as bold as this pattern and rock it day in and day out.
3. BDG Sherpa-Lined Trucker Jacket ($60): Channel your inner ‘90s babe, ‘cause this flannel-lined jean jacket is totally rad. The rolled cuffs add a pop of plaid that’s both cool and cozy.
4. Casual Coordination Jacket ($65): A cute crew neckline. A flattering, fitted cut. That asymmetrical zipper! This denim jacket is everything.
5. Cable Knit Denim Jacket ($35): This is hands down the coziest jean jacket we’ve ever seen. The thought of snuggling up in this chunky cable knit has us pining for spring.
6. Preppy Stripe Denim Blazer ($78): Wait a minute—a chic striped denim blazer? It’s a thing, and we’re obsessed.
7. Monki Denim Jacket ($84): Regardless of its relaxed fit, there’s something super feminine about this baggy jean jacket. Props to the cropped sleeves and dainty rounded collar for that.
8. Liz Claiborne Dot Denim Jacket ($37): Prepsters and hipsters can agree: this polka dot jean jacket rules. This look is easily DIY-able: just dip a pencil eraser in fabric paint and dot your old denim away!
9. Free People Denim Jacket and Knit Jacket ($238): The mix of white denim and burnout jersey make this jacket a truly covetable piece of sporty streetwear. Rock with light wash jeans on your errand run and with a black chiffon maxi skirt on date night.
10. Gestuz Denim Jacket With Stud Detail ($293): Studs overload! Yet, the embellishment doesn’t feel punky at all. That’s rounded studs for you—adding flair without feeling rough.
11. Levi’s Mid Wash Denim Jacket ($240): Three words: that color blue. I die.
12. Globetrotter Denim Jacket ($26): Tribal print patterned sleeves? Why not! Trendsetters and festival babes, this is definitely the denim jacket for you.
13. Life in Progress Chambray Jacket ($30): Here’s another super sporty take on a jean jacket—drawstring closure, rounded neckline, flap waist pockets. But it’s that chambray color block that takes it to cool new levels.
14. Only Denim Jacket With Studded Sleeves ($75): This jean jacket is serious DIY inspo. Studs, rhinestones, and strands of chain amp up the shoulders just so. The all-silver palette ties each embellishment together and keeps the whole look classy.
15. Noisy May Denim Jacket ($91): This might be the most perfectly distressed denim jacket we’ve laid our eyes on. If you’re looking for just one versatile and stunning piece this season, this is it!
Tell us about your jean jacket style. Do you stick with something basic? Or do you look for something with flair? Tell us which pieces in this roundup were your fave in the comments below.