When it’s dark, gray and shockingly cold outside — a far cry from those balmy beach days spent soaking up the sun — it can be hard to get excited about the start of a new season. And that’s even after considering that killer fall capsule wardrobe jam-packed with dreamy fall must-haves you’ve been carefully curating for months (which just so happens to include an OMG-worthy set of velvet shoes). Luckily, we’ve found the solution to (almost) all of your new season woes: an arsenal of bright and beautiful accessories that are guaranteed to send those autumnal wardrobe blahs packing. Toss one of these 15 stunning options on with a snuggly sweater, crazy comfy treggings or swoon-inducing ankle boots for an instant mood (and style) boost. The best part? They’re all under $100!
1. Urban Outfitters Anne Suede Loafer ($59): Cool weather is on its way, and we’re not even mad about it thanks to these red hot loafers that would look just as Insta-worthy with a shift dress and bell sleeve button-down as they would with cropped flares and a leather jacket. Put a little pep in your step mid-week (when you need it the most) for an afternoon of errand running or big-time meetings.
2. Free People Sawyer Felt Cowboy Hat ($68): Step aside, straw fedoras! Brisk fall days and nights call for a topper with a little more oomph, and this felt cowboy hat more than delivers. Be it an afternoon in the orchard or an evening ’round a cozy bonfire, it’s the perfect partner to high-waisted jeans, fringe-flecked ponchos and suede ankle boots.
3. Laser Kitten Pastel Geo Pin Set ($32): Not a die-hard color lover? This pastel pin set is the perfect solution. Tack ‘em onto an oversized denim jacket, beanie or suede saddle bag for a touch of ‘90s cool.
4. Zara Basic Scarf ($23): There might be doom and gloom in the forecast, but this sunny yellow scarf is all about those good vibes. Bust it out with a cozy cocoon coat, lace-up boots and a bold, bright pout on mornings when you need an extra boost to get through the day.
5. Le Specs Liar Lair Sunglasses ($59): Keeping those peepers protected is an all-seasons job, so best believe a stellar set of shades is essential for fall. These pastel stunners are just what the doctor ordered with their cool lilac hue and retro styling that epitomizes throwback cool. The only thing missing? A shearling jacket, flares and a fringe-flecked cross-body bag.
6. Fownes Bros Topstitch Detail Leather Gloves ($85): We hate to be the bearers of bad news, but yup — glove weather is upon us. And while the thought of dipping temps might make your heart sink, these fiery red gloves will have you feeling all warm and fuzzy inside (and out!) the second you slip them on. Team with a plaid menswear-inspired coat and a too-cool-for-school beanie (patches are a must), then proceed to take on the elements like a boss.
7. Zara Faux Fur Two-Tone Clutch Bag ($36): It’s the furrier things in life, really. Who can hate on a season that serves up show-stopping pieces like this? Make a statement on your next GNO or casual coffee date with bae (just because) by taking this oversized clutch along for the ride. Boasting a bold two-tone design and plenty of room for all your on-the-go swag, it just might take over for your tried-and-true cross-body bag.
8. Urban Outfitters Classic Knit Beanie ($15): Lazy-girl gear has never looked so good. Infuse any outfit with instant street-chic vibes (suits and slip dresses included) when you add this pink knit topper to the mix. Our favorite way to wear it? With a boyfriend blazer, joggers and slide loafers.
9. Madewell Wildstone Statement Ring ($28): Ocean agate? Don’t mind if we do! If earth tones are your idea of color, this modern bauble will feel right on cue. Pair it with a white turtleneck and suede button-front skirt to really make the gorgeous shade of green pop.
10. Forever 21 Classic Opaque Tights ($6): Not for the faint of heart, these icy blue tights are out to turn sweater dresses and pleated skirts into bonafide scene-stealers. For a bold look that’ll earn you some serious double taps, toss ’em on with a denim pinafore, printed mock-neck top and embellished ankle boots.
11. Bonadrag Orange Skinny Scarf ($44): Sophistication doesn’t just come in shades of black, white and gray. Case in point: this vibrant orange skinny scarf that’s practically begging to be paired with billowy blouses and statement earrings for the office. Nail desk-to-drinks dressing by popping it on with a tweed blazer, leather trousers and a silk tee, or use it to elevate a t-shirt dress, knit cardigan and high top sneakers for the weekend.
12. River Island Velvet Block Heel Tie Up Shoe ($77): Don’t even think about letting fall pass you by without adding at least one pair of velvet steppers to your trusty shoe collection. Our pick? This blue lace-up pair that strikes the perfect balance of ballet beautiful and ’90s chic. An evening at the theater is where these bad boys shine, especially when styled alongside metallic accordion pleat skirts and glitzy box clutches.
13. Express Overblown Geometric Poncho ($60): Enter the perfect cold-weather accessory to have ever graced your closet: the poncho. Can-barely-get-out-of-bed-let-alone-get-dressed kind of days call for this sort of throw-on-and-go layer that goes hand in hand with lived-in boyfriend jeans and henleys. Take on the day in true casual fashion with slip-on sneakers and a trendy bucket bag.
14. Free People Starlight Crossbody ($78): Ready to party doesn’t even begin to cover it. This embellished cross-body is big on sparkle and shine, making it an obvious choice for your dance floor repertoire and just about any other after-hours affair on the agenda. The best part? The explosion of bright color means this shimmery number can hang with just about every piece in your closet.
15. Mango Faceted Crystal Earrings ($20): Shine bright is exactly what you’ll do when you dress up an LBD, overalls or Breton-striped tee with these pretty blue drops. For max perfection, paint lids with a swipe of dramatic blue liner.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.