When the weather gets colder, our style usually reflects that: We gravitate toward lots of layers, darker colors and things that make us feel cozy. Black, brown, deep purple, vampy red and gray seem to have major moments during this time of year, but there’s a new blended color in town you should know about that is the epitome of fall: greige, the balanced blending of gray and beige.
The color is next-level for sure — more unexpected than your typical taupes and gunmetal silvers — but the flattering neutral color isn’t too light or too dark, making greige a color you can rock in various forms of your makeup. It’s a super versatile hue that translates well to daytime and nighttime looks, not to mention keeps you looking chic and fall-appropriate. Check out our list of must-have greige products to keep you looking on point all season long.
Greige goes with everything: Regardless of what color you’re wearing, greige is neutral enough that it won’t clash. You can opt for a darker-hued greige or lighten things up with a more creamy-shaded greige, so choose whichever end of the greige color spectrum you’re feeling the most.
1. Essie Matte Nail Polish in Coat Couture ($9): This shade is *so* pretty, and looks like a perfect blend of grayish-purple.
2. Bobbi Brown Nail Polish in Greige ($15): You won’t get any shimmer with this polish, but the color itself is a total knockout. It’s a pretty slate gray with slightly lavender undertones.
3. Dior Nail Polish in Palais Royal ($27): Paint this cloudy color onto your nails for instant fall vibes.
Deep, smokey greige colors are so pretty for the eyes. You can use a lighter shade on the lid of your eyes and deepen the crease with a darker shade for added definition. To take your greige look to the next level, use a wet brush and hack your own moody-greige liner.
4. NARS Duo Eyeshadow in Vent Glace ($35): This seriously legit eyeshadow duo is perfect for greige beginners. The shade on the left (Platinum) makes a perfect brightening shadow for your lid, while the shade on the right (Silver Smoke) is ideal for defining your eyes.
5. Revlon ShadowLinks Eyeshadow in Taupe ($4): Matte gray shadow like this is so versatile. It’s also buildable, so just use a sheer swipe for a more natural look if that’s what you’re after.
6. Bobbi Brown Eye Palette in Greige ($70): If you’re into greige, this is your palette! You’ll get eight shadows, including matte, shimmery and eyeliner shades. Bonus: There’s a pretty highlighting shade that will pull your whole look together.
Pucker up and swipe on a moody greige shade. It’s the perfect final touch to your fall beauty routine and will work with even the smokiest of eyes.
7. Lime Crime Velvetines Lipstick in Cashmere ($20): This mauve-y-meets-gray shade is *so* unique and pretty.
8. NYX Macaron Lippies in Black Sesame ($6): Meet your perfect greige lipstick. Balance out this look with neutral eyes and rosy cheeks.
9. Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Matte Lip Tar in John Doe ($15): This lip product has serious staying power. Eating, drinking and constant chatting are no match for this long-wearing lipstick.
Which of these greige products are you most interested in? Share your thoughts in the comments below.