Every now and then, we come across a show-stopping beauty trend we simply can’t ignore. From swoon-worthy lip art to stunning glow-in-the-dark hair, the beauty landscape these days is basically a technicolor dream. One new futuristic look has got to be one of the coolest beauty trends we’ve ever seen — and we couldn’t be more in love. Holographic makeup is seriously GORGEOUS: It’s dramatic, shiny and has a lot of pizzazz. Rather than using your go-to black eyeliner or brow kit (so 2015), cut out a piece of reflective paper into your desired shape (materials from decorative packaging work great), and with a small dab of makeup adhesive or tape, you can bling out your eyebrows or eyes on a whole new level. No matter what, all eyes will be on you when you rock this holographic look. Need some inspo of your own? Check out six ways you can rock this trend for your next GNO.
1. Reflective Cat Eye: Kick your cat eye up several notches by recreating this one-of-a-kind beauty look. Cut a piece of gift wrapping paper into a sharp angle, and neatly place it over your lids with makeup adhesive for a glamorous spin on the classic look.
2. Gold Wing: Let your cat eye shine bright with a flick of gold. Add a similar hue underneath your waterline, and swipe on a heavy coat of mascara to really make your peepers pop.
3. Bold Brows: Let your brows do all the talking with this bold and shiny look. For a more wearable version, try keeping your makeup minimal with a swipe of blush and a nude lip balm.
4. Double Cat Eye: What better way to accent your cat eye than with *another* cat eye? Line your lids with contrasting hues for a multidimensional style that will have everyone talking.
5. Futuristic Eyebrows: This style is perfect for when you have no time to do your brows, but you want to look fierce AF. Pair it with a neon bold lip that’s perfect for a go-all-out bachelorette or themed pool party.
6. Color Block Peepers: Elevate your from-the-future cat eye with a single bold color. Use a darker hue to let your reflective liner really stand out.
Loving this holographic trend? Follow us on Pinterest for more gorgeous beauty inspo.
(Feature image via @lilacbat)