Fermented foods may give off a scary vibe, but they’re really nothing to be scared of. Think about your favorite homemade kombucha. That’s fermented and you drink it on the daily! Kimchi is no different than any other pickled recipe, except it’s full of belly-happy probiotics, of course. If you’re feeling lost on how to use that jar you have sitting in the fridge, keep reading for 17 recipes that will make you a full-on kimchi fan.
1. Stone Baked Garlic Kimchi Pizza: Newsflash: Pizza without cheese and sauce is totally a thing, and it’s delicious. Season your crust simply with garlic, herbs and olive oil and scatter chopped kimchi all over the top to create the perfect pre-dinner snack. (via My Korean Kitchen)
3. Healthy Homemade Kimchi Ramen: Kimchi and ramen are a natural match-up for a chilly evening at home. Try making your own kimchi from scratch to get outrageous flavor that you’ll obsess over. (via Divine Healthy Food)
4. Kimchi Dumplings: There’s just no match for homemade dumplings — yes, EVEN from your fave takeout spot. Fill them with ground pork, ginger and kimchi and you’ll be giving your chopsticks a major workout. (via Rasa Malaysia)
5. Caramelized Kimchi Fries: If you’ve never indulged in kimchi fries, you don’t know what you’re missing. The fries are buttery, the sauce is creamy and the fermented veggies add tang and crunch. Prepare for culinary sensory overload. (via Kelley and Cricket)
8. Addictive Kimchi Pork Steamed Bun: They’re not kidding when they say these steamed buns are addicting. With soft and pillowy dough surrounding a mound of kimchi, pork and soy sauce, how could they not be? (via Omnivore’s Cookbook)
10. Kimchi Vinaigrette: It’s a shame to waste the delicious juice in your jar of kimchi. Instead, use it to make this tangy vinaigrette that you can use in salads, with other sauces or to marinate meat. (via Kimchi Chick)
12. Kimchi Fried Cauliflower Rice: Cauliflower fried rice is obvi greater than regular fried rice, especially when it has kimchi running through it. Wait until the last minute to add it to the pan, so that it doesn’t lose its amazing probiotic properties. (via In Sonnet’s Kitchen)
13. Korean BBQ Bangkok Burrito: How can so much flavor be packed inside one flour tortilla? Just ask this Korean burrito. It may take some time to perfect the sweet and spicy BBQ, but it’s *well* worth the wait. (via Pinch of Yum)
14. Korean BBQ Burger With Kimchi Slaw: Burgers may be an American tradition, but this Korean burger might just beat most of them out. The acidic kimchi cuts through the fat of the beef while adding crunch and texture to each bite. (via The Cozy Apron)
15. Korean Bulgogi Kimchi Tacos: Oh hey, taco Tuesday, we thought you’d never come. Shake up the status quo and go for these fantastic fusion tacos that’ll light up your taste buds. (via Platings and Pairings)
16. Roasted Salmon With Kimchi Butter: You already know that salmon is great for you, but eventually it gets a bit boring. Spice things up by topping it with this easy compound kimchi butter. (via Everyday Maven)
17. Spicy Kimchi Quinoa Bowls: Whether you eat these bowls for breakfast, lunch or dinner, your satisfaction level will be at an all-time high. Don’t forget to top with an egg over-medium and plenty of scallions before chowing down. (via Simply Quinoa)
Follow us on Pinterest for more easy + delicious recipe ideas.