We Can Pickle That! 19 Briny Recipes
Get ready for it. We found 19 piquant pickled recipes that are sure to make you pucker up! The variety of preserved goodies from around the world and the creative way at least one throw-away food is transformed — we’re looking at you, watermelon rind — is so inspiring. Let’s whip out those Mason jars and get pickling!
1. Beer Battered Pickles With Garlic and Dill Sauce: Satisfy your inner Snookie with this elegant take on fried pickles. (via 10th Kitchen)
9. Preserved Lemons with Herbs de Provence: Have a recipe that calls for preserved lemons, but can’t find a store nearby that carries them? DIY to the rescue! Salt, sugar, and lemon juice are the three key elements to creating this unexpected pickle that’s eaten rind and all! (via The Chef’s Wife)
10. Carnitas With Pickled Red Onions: Pickled onions are a terrific condiment to have on hand to brighten a host of dishes. In this case, they’re used to balance the fattiness of homemade crackly carnitas. (via Oh Sweet Basil)
11. Korean Pork and Kimchi Tacos: Whether you use store bought or from-scratch kimchi, we can see why these smoky, gingery, garlicky, spicy, tangy pork-belly tacos might become your next favorite recipe too. (via Five and Spice)
12. Quick Refrigerator Tarragon Pickled Carrots and Asparagus: Refrigerator pickles are a great way to get in on the DIY pickle action without any canning skills whatsoever. Give these two classic, non-cucumber recipes a try! (via Gourmande in the Kitchen)
14. Pickled Salmon with Cucumber and Mint: Serve this elegant dish in endive spears at your next fête? (P.S. The salmon isn’t cooked, so play it a little safer by using sashimi-grade fish.) (via Art de Fete)
19. Pickled Jalapeños: After tasting these no-canning-required pickled peppers, you may never want to purchase a jar from the store again! (via A Sage Amalgam)
Are you feeling the “we can pickle that” spirit? Talk to us in the comments!