Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but busy mornings result in us skipping it altogether more often than not. These 17 make-ahead options make starting the day off right with some non-coffee sustenance much much easier. Featuring a wide spectrum of healthy and indulgent eats, you’ll be eating well in the morning all week long. Now how about lunch?
1. Berry-Beet Açai Breakfast Bowl: Think of this breakfast bowl as a smoothie you eat with a spoon. Simply toss some fruit and coconut flakes on top just before serving. (via Gourmande in the Kitchen)
2. Oatmeal Raisin Breakfast Cookies: We’re not opposed to grabbing a few cookies on our way out the door, but these oatmeal-raisin ones are actually meant to be eaten in the AM. (via Back to the Book Nutrition)
4. Chia Seed Oatmeal: It’s time to retire those overly sweet instant oatmeal packets, stat. Making no-cook oats is just as easy, and allows you to customize the mix to your tastes. (via The Little Epicurean)
5. Healthy Breakfast Burritos: Make a whole batch of these burritos and stockpile them in the freezer for a healthy, protein-packed meal. Wanna know the best part? They only take a couple minutes to warm up. (via Recipe Righter)
7. Brunch Borek: We’d gladly nibble on a few of these flaky phyllo-wrapped bacon and egg bites for breakfast. They reheat beautifully in the oven in just a matter of minutes. (via Time to Cook Online)
9. Breakfast Quiche: Make your next brunch a breeze by baking this casserole-like quiche the day before. With a relaxed schedule of morning-of prep, there’ll be ample time to shake up a few AM-appropriate cocktails. (via Real Food by Dad)
13. Chocolate + Coconut Granola: The trick to keeping granola fresh and crisp for weeks and weeks: Stash it in the freezer. Whether enjoyed solo or sprinkled atop yogurt or ice cream (for dessert, of course), you can’t go wrong. (via Wolf Goes Vegan)
What are your favorite make-ahead foods to nosh on in the morning? Let us know below!