Nothing beats brunch, especially for a special occasion like Mother’s Day. Letting mom have a few extra hours to luxuriate over bacon and coffee is a treat she’s sure to appreciate. Adding a delicious, decadent cocktail to your brunch menu makes the meal extra special. Looking to step up your brunch game? Here are some morning-friendly drinking recipes for the next time you want to impress.
1. Strawberry Mimosa: Everyone’s favorite morning cocktail gets an upgrade with fresh strawberries. (via Brit + Co.)
2. Blood Orange Bloody Mary: Treat mom (and yourself) to a delicious Bloody Mary. The added blood orange may take a bit more time to prepare, but we promise, it’s worth it! (via A Beautiful Mess)
3. St. Germain Brunch Cocktail: Feeling fancy? Mix St. Germain (an elderflower liqueur), Cocchi Americano and San Pellegrino Aranciata Rossa with crushed ice and you have a drink worthy of a Mediterranean view. (via Oh So Beautiful Paper)
4. Pimm’s Pitcher: A fruity pitcher of the classic English Pimm’s complements a lazy Sunday morning perfectly. (via Wander Crush)
5. Citrusy Champagne Sangria: Make your next brunch extra special with a bubbly sangria packed with fresh clementines and pomegranate juice. (via Kiran Tarun)
6. Grapefruit Mint Bellini: A bellini made with freshly squeezed grapefruit juice must be healthy for you, right? (via Camille Styles)
7. Mariano’s Orange Sorbet Mimosa: One part mimosa, one part float, all delicious. This cocktail can easily be made kid-friendly by substituting 7-Up for the sparkling wine. (via Grandbaby Cakes)
8. The Southwestern Rose Champagne Cocktail: It’s worth waking up for this oh-so-pretty pink cocktail. (via Design Love Fest)
9. Sour Apple and Pear Sparkling Sangria: Looking for something a little less sweet? Try this sangria which gets its fresh, tart taste thanks to green apples, pears and limes. (via My Life as a Mrs.)
10. Limoncello and Prosecco Cooler: A cocktail full of sunshiny limoncello and mint — yeah, your mom wants that. The raspberry ice cubes add an elegant touch. (via Creative Culinary)
11. Cranberry Orange Sparkler: Celebrate with an easy champagne punch. Made with sparkling wine, orange liqueur and ginger ale, it turns a delicate pink with the addition of cranberry juice. (via Martha Stewart)
12. Pomegranate White Tea Fizz: For the more health-conscious, a cocktail packed with pomegranates and infused with white tea. (via Brit + Co.)
What is your favorite morning cocktail? Share your recipes in the comments.