Oatmeal Is NOT Boring: These 18 Recipes Prove It
Remember back in January when you had all the good intentions of eating uber healthy for the rest of the year? And remember when you totally ODed on oatmeal during that time? Well, you were doing it all wrong! Oatmeal is a blank canvas just waiting for you to paint it up with peaches, carrots and bacon… yes, bacon. So ready your spoons and bowls. We’re dishing out a hearty helping of flavor.
2. Strawberry Shortcake Oatmeal: Strawberry Shortcake for breakfast… ohhhhh yeah. Okay, it’s probably not what you think it is. But it’s almost as good. Topped with greek yogurt, honey and fresh strawberries, this oatmeal is a titillating treat. (via The Oatmeal Artist)
4. Raspberry Almond Baked Oatmeal: A hearty breakfast that sticks with you whether you’re hitting the gym or hitting the keyboard. Oh, and those swirls of ooey gooey raspberries? That would be a delicious raspberry jam. Speaking of, if you find yourself in a time jam, don’t worry. You can prepare this oatmeal the night before! (via Completely Delicious)
6. Baked Peach Almond Oatmeal: Delicious and nutritious, save this in your recipe repertoire for when peaches hit their peak. Oats + almonds = one power-boosting breakfast! (via Two Peas and Their Pod)
7. Steel Cut Oats With Ricotta, Pistachios and Raisins: Decadent and rich, this oatmeal is one to savor. Spend a morning with your favorite mug, filled to the brim with coffee and simply kick back, and enjoy. (via Food52)
8. Megan’s Morning Glory Oatmeal: “Rise and shine morning glory” is what you’ll be saying with a mouthful of this oatmeal, starring carrots, raisins, coconut milk and warming spices of nutmeg, cinnamon and ginger. Be sure to soak your steel-cut oats overnight, otherwise you’ll be heading back to bed on an empty stomach. (via Cookie + Kate)
10. Honey Nut Oatmeal: Serve these oats to your honey for a sweet morning. Loaded with honey and healthy nuts, the first spoonful will have them going on and on about how t-oat-ally awesome you are. (via Family Feedbag)
13. Namkeen Daliya Savory Breakfast Oatmeal: Start your morning off right with this cure-all Indian style porridge. The nutty oats, scent of cumin and vibrant veggies couldn’t get your morning off to a better start. (via Sinfully Spicy)
14. Cajun Spiced Oatmeal With Red Pepper, Black Beans + Spinach: Spice up your morning with this hearty bowl of oats. Brilliant flavor in each heaping spoonful will have you contemplating seconds. (Stop contemplating. Start eating.) (via The Oatmeal Artist)
16. Cinnamon Roll Oatmeal: You’ll hardly blink at another soft, gooey cinnamon roll after spooning these sweet oats into your mouth. You may even want to lick the bowl… which we highly encourage. (via Mother Thyme)
18. Rich Chocolate Oatmeal: Yes, we’ve hit the mother lode. Not even a five-year-old would say no to this bowl of oatmeal. Rich, chocolatey, velvety oats… and to make yourself feel a little bit healthier, go ahead and top it off with natural peanut butter and a big old banana. (via The Wannabe Chef)
Lend us your spoon, and let us know what oatmeal you’re dishing out for breakfast in the comments below!