Some things are just classic. LBDs, red lipstick, perfect eyebrows, nude nails. We think side-swept hairdos are one of those classics that we’re sure Audrey, Marilyn and Liz Taylor sat around one day and decided would be a timeless staple. And that’s why we’ve found 10 quintessential side-swept ‘dos that you can do all by your little old self.
1. Braided Sweep: A delicate braid close to your hairline is perfect for many occasions, from your cousin’s wedding to your best friend’s baby shower. (via Ruffled)
2. Curly Side Bun: Flaunt that texture. Just gather up your tousled waves and pin them in place. In a matter of minutes, you can master this look. (via Hair and Makeup by Steph )
3. French Sweep: No need to speak the language of love to master the French braid. This look is lovely if you have darker lowlights. Try this out next time you go out to dinner with your beau. So sophisticated, oui? (via Hair Romance)
4. Variety Braid: Um, so this braid features like three different types of braids, and we literally cannot get over it. So gorgeous for sweater weather days! (via Liz Marie)
5. Slicked Braided Side: Keep your cheekbones highlighted and your temples bronzed when pulling off this secret side braid. It almost makes you look like you have one badass asymmetrical cut. (via Irrelephant)
6. Faux Fall: This lovely look creates the illusion that all your hair is cascading perfectly off to the side. (The trick is bobby pins!) (via Hair and Makeup by Steph )
7. Highlighted Beauty: Do you rock multi-dimensional hair? A side part will create a dramatic look that will shake up your everyday ‘do. (via Bridal Musings)
8. Boho Inspired Bun: When you’re missing Coachella, a loose bun will bring back all your flower-crown feelings. (via Mu and Me)
9. Half up-Half Down: Out running errands? Brunch with the gals? Impromptu photo session with your man? Never fear, a side part and twists is always at the ready to wow. (via Beauty Stylish)
10. Chic Side Bun: Arm yourself with some hair spray, an elastic band and some bobby pins. In six easy steps, you’ll be stepping out of the house in this classic old Hollywood chignon. (via Cosmopolitan)
Whose side-swept look made you want to try it at home? Comment below!