21 Old Hollywood-Inspired Beauty and Hair Tutorials for Halloween
The glitz and glamour of Old Hollywood are still alive and well in today’s fashion trends. From headpieces to bold red lips, this period of time produced some truly breathtaking styles that we still can’t get enough of today. So why not put some of that style nostalgia to good use by channeling this glamorous period for Halloween? Whether you are going flapper-style or looking to impersonate you favorite glamour girl, these 21 pieces of inspiration from Old Hollywood will create the glitzy look you need this Halloween.
2. Vintage Finger Waves: Finger Waves are perhaps the most famous hairstyle to come out of Hollywood’s Golden Age, and believe it or not, the ‘do is surprisingly easy to copy for yourself. (via Refinery29)
Old Hollywood Makeup Tutorials
11. Marilyn’s Red Lip: Perhaps one of the most famous names of Old Hollywood, Marilyn Monroe was all about the confidence. Her signature red lip is still a popular statement today, and it truly can be rocked by everyone. (via Brit + Co)
Old Hollywood Halloween Costume Ideas
13. Billie Holliday-Inspired: This Billie Holiday-inspired beauty seriously took our breath away. Finger curls, faux fur and a sophisticated hair bow can help anyone pull this stunner together. (via Ann Street Studio)
14. Grace Kelly Glamour: There aren’t many that can claim to be both Hollywood and real-world royalty, but Grace Kelly wasn’t just anyone. The Princess of Monaco consistently looked stunning, and we think this regal ensemble would make her proud. (via Teen Vogue)
15. Flapper: A flapper costume is always an awesome go-to option for Halloween, but we’re simply in awe of the beauty behind this particular getup. Add your own twist on a hair accessory for one stylish look. (via Beauty v Brains)
18. Elizabeth Taylor: No one is more associated with Hollywood glamour than the late Elizabeth Taylor. With a faux fur shawl and red statement dress, you can easily replicate the glitz of Hollywood’s Golden Age. (via Glamour)
19. Bette Davis in Whatever Happened to Baby Jane: The creepy theme of Whatever Happened to Baby Jane is perfect for a more spooky option. Bette Davis might have been glamorous, but her role in this film was memorably frightening. (via Sea of Shoes)
Will you be rocking some Old Hollywood glamour this Halloween? Let us know in the comments below!