If you’re addicted to pasta, you know how it feels to crave a warm, carby bowl of goodness topped with your favorite pasta sauce at the end of a long day. We feel you. And let’s be honest: It’s even BETTER when you don’t have to work for it. Wouldn’t it be amazing if a heaping helping of noodles was waiting for you the minute you walk in the door? Say no more — we’re here to tell you that you can cook your go-to comfort food ahead of time with the help of a slow cooker. These 13 recipes take the hard work out of pasta-making.
1. Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup: This soup is so easy to make, it literally takes only a handful of minutes. The rest of the cooking is all done via your slow cooker. The soup element keeps this meal a little lighter than traditional lasagna, as the noodles are served in a warm bath of flavorful tomato soup. (via Cafe Delites)
2. Slow Cooker Spaghetti and Meatball Soup: Love the classic combo of spaghetti and meatballs? This recipe puts it into soup form, making for a lighter and maybe even MORE satisfying dish. (via Plain Chicken)
3. Slow Cooker Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Pasta: Talk about comfort food. This recipe features the autumn-weather flavors of Buffalo sauce and chicken, combining them with the warming, heavy texture of pasta. Note that you actually only add your noodles in the last hour of cooking — it’s as simple as throwing them into your slow cooker. (via Slow Cooker Gourmet)
4. Slow Cooker Bacon Macaroni and Cheese: Mac and cheese just got even easier to make — and fresher too. PRO TIP: Use both mozzarella AND cheddar cheese to make this dish extra indulgent. (via The Kitchen Is My Playground)
5. Slow Cooker Firecracker Chicken Pasta: Here’s another recipe that calls for adding the noodles about an hour before eating. It’s totally worth the minimal effort though: Hot sauce, tomato sauce, brown sugar and heavy cream flavor this linguini dish in the spiciest and most delicious way possible. (via Slow Cooker Gourmet)
6. Slow Cooker Lo Mein: Why get unhealthy, salt-laden takeout when you could have this super fresh slow cooker meal prepared the minute you walk in the door? You can use whatever kind of noodles you like in this dish, from linguini to udon to ramen. (via Damn Delicious)
7. Crockpot Pasta e Fagioli: If you’re anything like us, you’re often tempted to eat out on weeknights simply because it’s easier than cooking dinner. This Olive Garden Pasta e Fagioli copycat is so simple to make ahead of time, *and* it’s loaded with veggies, ground beef and noodles to boot. (via Chelsea’s Messy Apron)
8. Slow Cooker Baked Spaghetti: Cream cheese AND ricotta AND mozzarella in one dish? We are so in. This classic ground beef, cheese and spaghetti combo is super flavorful and so filling, it may become your new favorite pasta dish. (via The Magical Slow Cooker)
9. Slow Cooker Beef and Cheese Pasta: This one is a little less lazy girl-friendly than some of our other options, but it’s so delicious, we couldn’t leave it out. Make sure to pre-cook the ground beef to get rid of extra fat, and add your spinach last — because no one likes soggy spinach. (via The Cooking Jar)
10. Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Pasta: Mmm, chicken Parmesan. This recipe mixes the flavors of Parmesan cheese, basil, parsley, oregano and mozzarella to create an amazing Italian-inspired meal. Bonus points for freezing half and reheating it later. (via Damn Delicious)
11. Slow Cooker Cheesy Ravioli: No more pre-made ravioli for you. This slow cooker recipe keeps things nice and simple, and you still end up with a delicious and authentic ravioli dinner. (via Farm Wife Cooks)
12. Slow Cooker Lasagna: We couldn’t leave out the ultimate classic. This lasagna is *so* easy to make: You layer the noodles, cheese and sauce, and then repeat. And then cook for five hours. It’s JUST that simple. (via Tastes Better from Scratch)
13. Slow Cooker Spaghetti Bolognese: You can never go wrong with a tried-and-true crowd-pleaser. Spaghetti Bolognese is an ideal dish to make for dinner parties or get-togethers, because pretty much everyone (except vegetarians, we suppose) loves it. We won’t tell them it was so easy to make… (via Spend With Pennies)
Follow us on Pinterest for more delicious pasta and slow cooker recipes!