Considering it sold for an estimated cool mil’, it doesn’t look like the recently unearthed world’s largest white truffle will be in our budget any time soon. Thankfully, we can still get a taste of the fancy fungi in a much more cost-effective form: truffle oil. These 15 recipes all feature the swanky stuff. It’s pretty impressive how even a mere drizzle can have a huge impact on flavor. Go ahead and treat yo’self, and maybe follow up with a little truffle action for dessert to keep things totally thematic.
2. Gorgonzola-Walnut Bruschetta with Truffle Oil: Piled high with gorgeous crumbles of blue cheese and peppery arugula dressed with garlic and truffle oil, these toasts will never be accused of being tasteless in any way, shape or form. (via Foolproof Living)
6. Prosciutto, Mascarpone and Spinach Pizza With Balsamic Glaze: No question, you won’t be able to order a pizza of this quality from the local parlor. Using store-bought dough makes it an absolute cinch. (via Daisy’s World)
8. Mushroom Barley Soup With White Truffle Oil: Add this recipe to your warming winter soup arsenal. Hearty and rustic, truffle oil is just the thing to add a touch of luxury to the pot. (via Blogging Over Thyme)
9. Persimmon Arugula Salad with Truffle Oil and Lemon Juice: Truffle oil adds an earthy nuance to this bright, cool weather salad. (via Angie’s Recipes)
12. Oven-Fried Truffle and Parmesan Potato Chips: With all of the wonderful seasonings on these baked chips, you won’t even need a bowlful of dip to devour the whole batch. (via Hungry Foodies Pharmacy)
13. White Bean Hummus With Truffle Oil: A generous drizzle of truffle oil upgrades this bowlful of creamy hummus to new heights. Scoop it up with hot pieces of freshly made pita for an even more indulgent experience. (via Curious Forks)
14. Lemon and Thyme Roast Chicken With White Truffle and Tahini Drizzle: No ordinary roast chicken, this highly seasoned bird is perfect for simple dinners and celebrations alike. (via The Hungry Babushka)
Have you tried truffle oil before? Share your favorite ways to use it below.