15 Yummy Baked Alternative Recipes to Regular French Fries
Today, July 13, is National French Fry Day, and that means it’s time to celebrate. Now, don’t worry, we know that eating well is one of the most important parts of your overall health, so we’re definitely not going to let you abandon all of those good habits. We’ve scoured the web and rounded up some of the best baked fries recipes out there. So party hard folks, because your taste buds certainly will.
1. Baked Garlic Cilantro Fries: Garlic and cilantro are not a particularly common pairing. But after trying these fries out, we can guarantee that they’ll be making joint appearances in our kitchen quite often. (via The Talking Kitchen)
2. Crispy Baked Zucchini Fries: We’re huge squash fanatics here at Brit + Co, so these zucchini fries pretty much just made our day. What a great alternative to starch-filled potatoes. (via A Taste of Home Cooking)
4. Sour Cream + Onion Oven Fries: Sour cream and onion potato chips are the absolute best, so it makes sense that they’d be equally delicious in fried form. Excuse us, baked form. (via How Sweet It Is)
9. Crispy Baked Tofu Fries With Sriracha Ketchup: Not a fan of tofu? It’s definitely time to give it another chance. These baked fries will knock your socks off! And if they don’t, the sriracha sure will. (via Poor Girl Eats Well)
12. Crispy Baked Parmesan Green Bean Fries: These addictive fries are the perfect way to get your kiddos to eat their veggies. But let’s be real… they’re the perfect motivation for adults as well! (via Dashing Dish)
14. Crunchy Baked Asparagus Fries With Lemon Herb Sriracha Dip: These asparagus fries look pretty tasty, but we’re all about that lemon herb sriracha dip. (via In Sock Monkey Slippers)
15. Cinnamon Sugar Sweet Potato Fries With Vanilla Icing Dip: Even fries-centered meals need dessert. Check out these irresistible cinnamon sugar fries, which are basically the cinnamon buns of baked potatoes. (via Sally’s Baking Addiction)
How will you be celebrating National French Fry Day? Let us know in the comments below or on Facebook.
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!