32 Magical, Mouthwatering Mushroom Recipes
Sure, they technically are grown from fungus, but that’s no reason to shy away from a shroom! Mushrooms are crazy versatile — set aside their many nutritional benefits (they’re immune-boosting, full of antioxidants and packed with Vitamin D), the real magic is in their flavor. Eat them as a filling topping on salads and pizza. Serve them stuffed, sliced, grilled or fried on their own. You could even use them as a sub for meat to lend a — dare we say? — rich and beefy flavor to veggie dishes. Really, there’s no wrong way to get your shroom on and to prove it, here are 32 recipes.
1. Lentil Mushroom Burgers: If you’ve wrinkled your nose at veggie burgers before, it’s because you haven’t had this version. The patties are loaded with earthy lentils, hunky mushrooms, sweet sun-dried tomatoes and onions for a combo so good you’ll forget to ask, “Where’s the beef?”. (via Hungry Girl por Vida)
6. Baked Mushroom Risotto: If we had our way, risotto would easily make the top 10 list of comfort foods. This easy to make mushroom-and-onion-packed version is the ultimate in warm and cozy dinners. (via The Kitchn)
7. Ginger Beef and Mushroom Stir Fry: Skip the takeout and make it at home. Sweet ginger sauce is the perfect complement to a beefy stir-fry, loaded with browned mushrooms and healthy kale. (via Gimme Some Oven)
9. Leek, Fennel and Mushroom Galette: This hearty pie (try it out instead of a pizza!) has a ton of earthy, herby and oniony flavors. Serve it as an easy dinner party dish that will really impress your guests. (via Food52)
10. Creamy Polenta with Roasted Mushrooms: You get two benefits from this rich and delicious dish. Firstly, you get aromatic mushrooms loaded with balsamic vinegar, garlic and olive oil. Then, you get an arm workout from whisking the polenta! (via Two Peas and Their Pod)
11. Pizza Stuffed Portobellos: Skip the carbs and use a large-and-in-charge portobello cap for your pizza crust. Load caps with cheese and supreme toppings for all the pizza flavor you love in fork-and-knife form. (via Oh She Glows)
12. Cheddar, Blue Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Phyllo Mushrooms: This appetizer is stuffed on stuffed on stuffed. First, bacon, blue cheese and cheddar are all mixed together in one creamy, smokey, salty blend. Then, it’s all stuffed into mushroom caps, which are in turn stuffed into crispy phyllo wraps. (via The Little Kitchen)
16. Crispy Portobello Fries: Who said fries belonged to the potato? Crisp up slivers of portobello for a just-as-satisfying fry. The sweet balsamic drizzle and salty cheese dip paired with your crispy shrooms is mind blowing. (via How Sweet Eats)
17. Steak and Mushroom Pot Pie: The undeniable earthy flavor of mushrooms is amped up when paired with beef, like in this comforting take on a pot pie. Here’s a tip: Make individual portions in ramekins and freeze the leftovers for a day when you’re not up for cooking. (via Simply Delicious)
18. Haddock With Warm Frisée and Mushroom Salad: Dinner should be a balanced plate, so pair a light fish, like haddock, with a deep-flavored salad made of mixed mushrooms and a warm apple cider and mustard vinaigrette. (via Real Simple)
19. Roasted Squash and Mushroom Salad: Make a salad that’s super hearty and filling. This one calls for roasted butternut squash, zucchini and mushrooms. It skips the lettuce but still has tons of light and fresh bursts of flavor thanks to pomegranates and cherry tomatoes. (via Deliciously Ella)
20. Sausage and Mushroom Strata: You can prep this brunch dish the night before, and bake in the morning. Strata, which is basically a breakfast bread pudding, gets its flavor from eggs, sausage, mushrooms, cheese and sourdough bread. Refrigerate it overnight, then pop it in the oven when you wake up! (via Jessica Burns)
21. Chanterelle Mushroom Tapenade: Traditional salty olive tapenade gets a super earthy twist, making for a spread full of complex flavors to load onto pita, veggies or sandwiches. (via The Hedge Combers)
22. Beet Green and Mushroom Frittata: Savory, rich flavors of cremini mushrooms, paired with equally earthy beet greens (they’re more nutritious than beets themselves!) make this a frittata you’ll want to slice into for breakfast, lunch and dinner. (via Fig and Honey)
23. Grilled Cheese With Gouda and Mushrooms: Here’s one souped up grilled cheese. Replace cheddar with creamy gouda for a whole lotta good-a, then stuff your sandwich with caramelized onions and mushrooms to bring it all home. (via She Wears Many Hats)
24. Mushroom Dumplings: You’ll love this vegetarian version of dumplings. Instead of pork or shrimp, these wontons are loaded with mushrooms and veg. Oh, and then they’re paired with a spicy-sweet-honey-Sriracha dipping sauce. (via Koko Cooks)
25. Buttery Ranch Mushroom Bites: Bet ya never thought of mushrooms as game-day finger food. Made in a slow cooker with all the delicious herby and garlicy flavors of Ranch dressing, warmed up caps will get eaten up in no time. (via Pip and Eddy)
26. Pickled Mushrooms: Cucumbers aren’t the only veg in town meant for the pickling jar! Throw some shrooms in a mix of vinegar, garlic and herbs for a treat good enough on its own. (via Fine Cooking)
27. Marsala Mushroom Lasagna: This isn’t your typical lasagna. Use white wine to add flavor and moisture to your mushrooms and noodles, then top each layer off with a mixture of four types of cheese. (via Running with Tweezers)
28. Sun-Dried Tomato and Mushroom Pasta: If you haven’t figured it out by now, sweet sun-dried tomatoes are the ultimate pairing for earthy mushrooms. Let them play together in this tasty, garlic-infused pasta. (via Julia’s Album)
29. Mushroom Hummus: This homemade hummus has a ton of earthy flavors from mushrooms, which gets lightened up with a splash of lemon. Looking for a shortcut? Blend roasted mushrooms with store-bought hummus for a quick version of this recipe. (via The Hopeless Housewife)
31. Leek, Mushroom and Parmesan Phyllo Pie: Let’s call these stuffed phyllo bites what they are — decadent. Stuffed with oniony leeks, mushrooms and, of course, cheese, they’re the ultimate veggie snack. (via Drizzle and Dip)
32. Mushroom and Parmesan Pinwheels: Mushrooms are on a roll… literally with these savory pinwheels, which can be subbed in for your breakfast cinnamon roll or eaten for a quick and easy dinner. (via Healthy Delicious)
Hungry for more? Tell us what shrooms you’re foraging for in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)