With summer upon us, we’re feeling inspired by sunny palettes and bright whites. So we’re giving white bed sheets a colorful upgrade with giant pom-poms! This easy DIY will bring new colors into your bedroom decor and add a fun textural element to your space. Remember to make fluffy pom-poms for your pillowcases too. Bigger is always better!
Materials and Tools:
— two cans (or jars/bottles)
— pillowcases and duvet cover
1. Wrap yarn around one can to secure it in place and then continue wrapping the yarn around two cans.
2. Take a piece of thread and tie it loosely around the middle of the yarn, making a bow shape.
3. Use scissors to cut the end of the yarn.
4. Carefully remove the yarn from the two cans and knot the thread.
5. Insert scissors into one side of the bow and cut where the yarn folds. Repeat this step for the other side.
6. Press your finger in the middle of the pom pom and trim the excess yarn around the edges in a rough circular shape — this will create a round pom pom ball.
7. Finally, attach a needle to the thread you tied around the center and stitch it on the edges of your duvet cover.
Wrap yarn around one can to secure it in place and then continue wrapping the yarn around two cans. You will need to wrap it around about 200 times for giant pom poms – that sounds like a lot, but this will make your pom-pom full and fluffy. Then take a piece of thread and tie it loosely around the middle of the yarn, making a bow shape. Once you have what you need for a pom pom, use scissors to cut the end of the yarn.
Slowly and carefully remove the yarn from the two cans. Then tie the thread in the middle into a secure knot.
If you want more summer pinspiration, remember to follow us on Pinterest!