10 Breathtaking Canadian Destinations to Explore
With only a couple of weeks left of hardcore sunshine, time is running out to plan the vacation of your dreams. So instead of jumping the continent, why not plan a trip to visit our friendly neighbors to the north? Not only is Canada one of the most creative countries around, but the US to CAD exchange rate will give you serious bang for your buck. Plus, fall colors are just about to pop. Here are all of the Canadian cities we’re pinning to our travel Pinterest board.
1. Vancouver: An urban waterfront paradise, Vancouver welcomes hundreds of thousands of tourists every year. From scrumptious local grub to daredevil outdoor recreation, there’s something for everyone in this awesome city.
2. Saskatoon: Saskatoon may take a lot of heat from Canadians for being boring, but its beautiful landscape, gorgeous river and laid-back lifestyle is perfect for the traveler looking for a little R&R.
3. Montreal: A French oasis with a deep and complicated history, Montreal is a cultural city everyone should explore at least once in their lives. Just make sure to download an English to French translator on your iPhone before you take off.
4. Calgary: Although Calgary’s landmark summer attraction, the Calgary Stampede, is over, there’s still tons of fun stuff to do in this rustic meets urban locale. With mountains, breweries and museums aplenty, this diverse city is perfect for all types of visitors.
5. Okanagan Valley: If you’re looking for a wine-centric vacay, this British Columbia hotspot definitely tops the list. Book a weekend of winery tours, sip and spit some vino and enjoy the summer like a sommelier.
6. Edmonton: Home to the biggest mall in North America (the West Edmonton Mall has over 800 stores, a hotel AND a theme park inside), shoppers from all over the world come to this Albertan city to shop, dine and unwind.
7. Charlottetown: Historic sites and beautiful scenery abound in the East Coast birthplace of Canada. Enjoy fun festivals, lively theater and leisurely strolls in this city from another era.
8. Yellowknife: Nature lovers will swoon for this small town oasis. With the shimmering aurora borealis (AKA the Northern Lights) visible for around 240 days per year, book a late summer trip for an otherworldly experience you’re sure to remember forever.
9. Jasper: Located amid the Canadian Rockies, this breathtaking city is literally paradise. Hike the trails, shop local artisans and be one with nature — your psyche will thank you for it.
10. Toronto: The bustling hub of Eastern Canada, Toronto is one of the most popular tourist locations in the entire country. From local summer festivals to sandy beaches to the hippest urban art galleries, this high energy city has everything you could ever wish for in a summer vacation.
Where are your vacation plans? Tweet us by mentioning @BritandCo.
(Featured photo via Getty)