12 Easy Book-Themed DIYs to Tackle This Weekend
Let’s be honest — we’ve all had our fair share of Pinterest fails, whether we decide to broadcast them to the world or otherwise. And while it’s super satisfying to complete a complicated DIY project (especially one that we learned at a creative festival), this weekend we’re opting for an easy DIY project that we know we can handle.
3. DIY Accordion Organizer: We have had a long love affair with old books (and not just because science has finally proved why they smell so good), which is why we’re in love with this crafty DIY accordion organizer — it’s perfect for jewelry, gift tags and so much more! (via Wings of Whimsy)
4. Book Necklace DIY: We don’t wear our heart on our sleeve; we wear it around our neck. This sweet book-lover necklace is perfect for the literary fanatic. Just make sure you order the miniature books ahead of time… otherwise, you might just have to get crafty! (via The Darice Craft Blog)
5. Linen Covered Books: While most of the time we love proudly displaying our current literary obsessions, a classy linen-covered display is always a stylish option. Use Magnolia Market’s easy one-day DIY to transform your bookshelf into true bibliophile goals. (via Magnolia Market)
7. Book Table Runner: This might be the most genius idea we’ve seen all week. Although it isn’t exactly waterproof (or kid proof), this single-day DIY will definitely be the envy of all at your next autumnal dinner party. (via BHG)
12. Book Folding Art DIY: Whether you’re an origami pro or just want a simple no-materials DIY to tackle this weekend, Me Sew Crazy’s cool video tutorial will teach you how to fold any shape or letter into your favorite novel. (via Me Sew Crazy)
Are you planning on making any of these bookish DIYs this weekend? Tweet us a pic of your completed project by mentioning @BritandCo!